Howdy howdy old man new GS owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy howdy old man new GS owner

Hello, I just purchased a road bike, have not done that in 29 years...Lol. I have been riding dirt and trail with my son for the past 5 years or so and decided it was time to let the past breath. So I purchased a 1980 Gs850. Very enjoyable bike, she needs some work, but seems well worth it thus far. Look forward to the advise I can offer as well as receive. Hope every one has a great day.

Welcome, young fella. Half a year ago I bought an 1100e after 25 years without a motorcycle.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Old man?

You'd have to be pretty old to be an old man around here

Welcome aboard

The answer to all of your questions is in the New Members, Click here! at the top of the page
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Hello Dmack.

Welcome to the forum.
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Yeah, we're mostly all a bunch of old farts. And we like pictures. Congrats on the 850, welcome to the nightmare.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Welcome sir.....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

Lots of folks here willing to help.

850, great bike.
              (I had 80 850G for 14 years. Sold it in 2006.)

Thanks for introducing yourself.
              Pictures, please.

WHere in general you located? Add that to your user profile. Add your bike year/model in signature line. GOto UserCP for those.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You can be an oldman but you can't be a grumpyoldman...we already got one of them.
                Welcome to the site.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome to the ward, your gonna get two things here. A knowledge of these great old bikes that is the best anywhere. And a slice of society that is sometimes disturbing. No lack of diverse personalities here..

Comment

Welcome! I hope you have as much fun in the forum as you do on your bike. This is a fantastic place to learn and occasionally pizz off somebody in the process. But that can just add to the enjoyment. Don't take anything too personally even if it is meant to be and you will get along just fine.

Comment

Welcome =) GS850s are a handsome bike.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                        Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                        DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                        Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                        Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                        X