1977 GS750, new owner/rider ...hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750, new owner/rider ...hello all

From southwest Florida, found this site a little while ago. I enjoy browsing the pics and stories here. Very very useful.

These are my bikes, a 1977 gs750, 1978 gs550 and a 1977 kz1000, recently picked up for my pops. I'm taking the safety class in a month, and we're going riding this summer once we go through the bikes properly. One of my new hobbies is driving around Florida and coming home with bikes in my truck Hope you enjoy the pics.

I plan on using a sawzall on the rears, and stripping the original factory paint off all the tanks because no one else is doing that these days.

Please tell me you're kidding about the paints and sawzall......Great looking bikes, welcome to the site.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Wiseguy.... welcome
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice bikes, just say no to the Sawzall.

If you really want to mangle one into useless piece of crap, find an L.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

All three look like nice fairly stock condition bikes, stock paint.

Lots of folks here willing to help you maintain the zukis.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'm already digging up good stuff with the search.

And no, no sawzalls here at all. I respect proper, built bikes, but I swear I have gone through ads for about a thousand cut up chopjobs while looking for the 3 I bought over the last couple years. Its like a plague down here.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can purchase a seat like this?

Comment

Put an ad in the parts wanted section, most of us sell those as soon as we get them, they are really uncomfortable, since the seat is lower but just as wide in front.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Noted, good tip ...I'll check that out thanks.

Comment

Pretty stuff

Comment

Very Nice bikes!
                    Welcome to the site.
                    McLoud
                    '79 GS850
                    `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                    sigpic
                    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Nice intro, Dayne.
                      Get a baffle for that pipe before you worry about the seat.haha.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I do have the baffle hehe, its in the 2nd pic thanks.

Bought an 81 gs850 seat off ebay a couple months ago just on a hunch to see how bad the fitment was on my 77. I knew the hinges and latch would be off, but wasnt sure how much wider the 850 frame was. I hear the GS850 was the most comfortable seat around...was curious to see if it would fit my bike. Not even close. Like the grab rail though.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                          Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                          DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                          Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                          Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Mr Cliff, lot of good reads in there. Esp the VM carb rebuild, I see that in my future lol.

Comment

750 Seat

I have an 81 750L seat, but I don't think it fits your bike, this locks in the back, and tilts up from the rear to remove.
                              I have an 81 850GL, and parts are VERY difficult to find. I'm currently working on transforming to a "G", with the rear fairing and hinged seat. I'm in the Clearwater area, are you going to use the seat you bought? I might be interested!

Let me know!

AirCooled(Scott!)

Comment

Working...
                              X