New member hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member hello

Joined a while ago, but just didn't get around to posting until now.

Got a 1979 GS1000 with an '85 1150 engine, I'll get around to posting pictures at some point.

Bought it in a slight state of disrepair, but have been working on getting it running and road-ready. Not my first bike, but certainly the first bike that I'm attempting to repair and whatnot. I'm sure I'll need plenty of help along the way, but so far it's been coming along pretty, well albeit a little slowly.

Located in Pittsburgh, PA.
    Cheers,

Storch

Welcome - looking forward to pics...

Comment

Welcome...That sounds like a fun ride..
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
        Help! Your Bike Won't Start
        DON'T DO THESE THINGS
        Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
        Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hello Storch.

Welcome to the forum.
          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Hi ya, Storch.
            Welcome to the site.
            If any of your repairs gets you near the motor mounts can you take a couple pics for me.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
            X