Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Intro from NZ

Hi There. Im Neil

After nearly 2 decades away from riding I made a comeback a few years ago with a K7 GSXR750 and subsequently a K9 1000. Excellent bikes but the urge to buy a GSX like i had in the 80s eventually kicked in.
    I picked up a 1980 GSX1100ET which was in pretty good condition and i set about about renovating it so it looked more like the original i had. A new paintjob & badges, some near new original pipes, a seat recover and various nuts and bolts followed and it is looking great.
    That was all a bit easy and didn't require much effort from me so i have bought a couple of real projects to get into.
    1982 GSX750EZ and a 1983 GSX750ESD.
    I will post some info in Projects once i familiarise myself with how to post photos.
    80 GSX1100 ET
    82 GSX750 EZ
    84 GSX1150 ES
    86 GSX750 ES
    10 GSXR1000

Welcome to the site, Neil.
    Once again the addictive nature of the GS marque has been proven.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome, I'm very interested in the fotos of your bikes and the background of beautiful countryside.

Oh, I started out on a Gixxer too but different story for my departure with her.

Enjoy your way around here.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome as you can see fom my signature, I have an 86 ESD they are great bikes and I have found a lot of great info on this site.
        What part of Auckland are you in? I am out West.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the welcome.
          Heres a picture of my 1100 as it currently sits.

80 GSX1100 ET
          82 GSX750 EZ
          84 GSX1150 ES
          86 GSX750 ES
          10 GSXR1000

Comment

Working...
          X