Grüezi from switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grüezi from switzerland

Hej guys! I stumbled upon your great forum while doing some research for my beautiful 82' GS1100G and I'm happy to have found some more GS-Lovers!

I'm 26, currently working as a chef and a pretty "fresh" motorcyclist since I just started last year. I got my lady from my uncle in a - well let's say a bit a "dusty" shape - and have been repairing, polishing and modifying her since last year. Learned alot about motors, wiring and the funcion of motorcycles in general in these days and really enjoyed it. I don't really have a "technical" background but I'm very keen on learning how to get my dear to work as best as possible.

After some electricity problems (byebye recitifer..) and a striptease she's in a good fit and ready for some travelworks

before

after striptease

with baggage gear on

ps: please excuse my not too good english and if I don't get all the words right and in order

save travels

kardusen
    Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM.

Welcome!

Nothing like a stripteased Bike. Wish I could see the pics but I'm imagining what she looks like.

So...Switzerland ay, haven't bein there. (Man, I can't speak to that!)

Anyway...post more pics with the countryside in the background, please.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome to the site. I've got to admit I liked it with the fairing but it looks great naked as well. .
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        Anyway...post more pics with the countryside in the background, please.
        Thanks!

Haven't been a lot in the countryside lately but some pics will follow this summer

Comment

Originally posted by kardusen View Post
          ps: please excuse my not too good english and if I don't get all the words right and in order

kardusen
          Your command of English puts many of the members to shame.

Nice clean bike (I also ride an '82 1100).
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Naked or faired, I like your 1100G. Looks like a great ride.

I've not seen that striping before. Is it a European design, or a custom job?

Looking forward to pictures from your part of the world in the Riding Game thread.

Welcome to the forum.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Salut kardusen.

Bienvenue sur le forum.

What part of Switzerland?
              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
                Salut kardusen.

Bienvenue sur le forum.

What part of Switzerland?

Merci Daniel, près de Bâle à Füllinsdorf

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Don't know for sure but guess it's an european design since I don't see my uncle customizing bikes

Comment

I can see the neked bike!

Originally posted by kardusen View Post
                  Thanks!

Haven't been a lot in the countryside lately but some pics will follow this summer
                  OMG, that is a beautiful bike!

With/without the fairing she is wonderful to look at. That's funny that you think your uncle may not have designed that paint scheme. You never know, he may have.

Yes, please do post pics of your adventures with this bike. I'll be on the lookout.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome! Very nice bike.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Welcome..Your cycle looks great with or without the fairing. The fairing is funky cool to me.
                      If you give it a chance you'll find that the fairing is a wonderful tool to help extend the riding season...
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                        Naked or faired, I like your 1100G. Looks like a great ride.

Looking forward to pictures from your part of the world in the Riding Game thread.

Welcome to the forum.
                        Member Londonboard's 1000g has the same stripes....
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Member Londonboard's 1000g has the same stripes....
                          You are correct. I forgot about that particular gem...

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Welcome. Good job man, looking sharp.

Comment

Hello there and greetings from the beautiful Black Forrest in southern Germany. Stunning nature combined with neat curvy roads = pure fun
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X