• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noooooooooooo!

1982 KZ550 (not mine)

perfectly fine specimen turned into a parts bike

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4476816956.html

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 for sale. $1500 obo. 16,000 plus miles. Do not have title it is tied up in probate and im tired of waiting so selling as parts bike. Excellent condition. Email, call or text.

1500 for a parts bike with no title. Ummm, no.

Comment

What's it worth if it had a title?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

$1500 would be top-dollar for a nice KZ550 - at least here where I bought my GS1100ED for $1850.

Comment

A bit pricey.

I paid $1500 for my freshly painted, excellent running '82 1100e last fall.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

northridge, not a location more of a state of mind....

price isnt as high as the locals

holler if anyone needs me to go haggle him down...

matt

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              What's it worth if it had a title?
              I would say the asking price would be $1,500 for a titled bike in that condition. I've seen them higher but who knows what they sold for? That paint scheme is not very common at all. It's the same as the 1982 KZ750L. I think it's cool, even if not as attractive as some of the other schemes.

BTW, I am not trying to interest anyone here in this purchase, just lamenting a fine bike going to be a parts bike because it's tied up in probate court. Who knows if the bike will even turn out to be his when all is said and done? Is it tied up because the distribution of assests is being disputed? Who wants to get into that rats nest?

Comment

I would say $1500 for that bike, if titled, would be fair as well, so long as it runs as well as it looks.

As is, with no clear legal ownership, it is truly a parts bike with a scrap frame. $500, tops.

I will add to the above. IF I had or knew where I could get for cheap a titled KZ550A or dual shock GPZ550 frame, I'd give the guy $1,000 for it. It looks pristine.
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrods316 View Post
                  northridge, not a location more of a state of mind....

price isnt as high as the locals

holler if anyone needs me to go haggle him down...

matt
                  I could use the seat
                  1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                  Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by winfield View Post
                    I would say the asking price would be $1,500 for a titled bike in that condition. I've seen them higher but who knows what they sold for? That paint scheme is not very common at all. It's the same as the 1982 KZ750L. I think it's cool, even if not as attractive as some of the other schemes.

BTW, I am not trying to interest anyone here in this purchase, just lamenting a fine bike going to be a parts bike because it's tied up in probate court. Who knows if the bike will even turn out to be his when all is said and done? Is it tied up because the distribution of assests is being disputed? Who wants to get into that rats nest?
                    If it's "tied up in probate", I don't think its even legal to sell it, titled or otherwise. Yep - would be a legal mess

Comment

He probably can't sell it legally in any condition, parts or otherwise.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X