Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another GS owner in the UK

Hi!
    Normally ride modern sports bikes but last winter I decided to to find an eighties trail bike to restore as a project... Well after weeks of looking on websites I kept seeing this advert for a poor little Gs250t that needed a good home. I messaged the guy and struck a deal with him. It was too far gone for a restoration so I settled on a street tracker look. I've just finished it and got it on the road. It's certainly not as quick as my normal choice of ride but it puts a huge grin on my face and gets positive comments wherever I go.
    Now to work out how to add pictures ;-)

Now with pictures

Before

After
    Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Very good looking!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Comment

Very nice, definate eye catcher...and i do like those pipes

Comment

Thanks guy's! Still got a few bits to do, rear shocks are 'feeble' at best and some nice bulgy tires and it's done

Comment

What's the license plate, doesn't happen to be NDG 93W or NDG 92W does it?

Nice job BTW!
              It's smoke that make electronic components work.
              Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
              '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
              '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
              '82 GS1000SZ
              '82 GS1100GL
              '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Welcome

I think the Brit invasion has started on this forum. So many bikes being imported over here now.

Welcome - you have arrived at a great forum. There is nothing on your bike that someone here can't help you with.

Join us on the UK GS Owners Facebook Page page if you get a moment.

Greetings
                Richard
                sigpic
                GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Ah it's A***NTA, dear little bike ;-)
                  And thanks for the warm welcome on the forum!

Comment

Welcome from another UK member, where you based.

Comment

Hi Chris! I'm All the way down in Cornwall - Brave trek to your end of the country :-)

Comment

Two Cornishmen now - watch out world!
                        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Small world as they say :-) Planning on going to the next Hayle bike night if the weathers OK and I'm off work (I know - it's not often those two things collide!). Do you ever go??

Comment

Never have yet - one day....
                            1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by BigGun1 View Post
                              Hi Chris! I'm All the way down in Cornwall - Brave trek to your end of the country :-)
                              Ha nearly every bike I like the look of on flea bay are down your end, just to far to travel, my XJR cane from Bristol, got that collected by courier, the GS came from Lowestoft a right trek but a pal of mine was happy to drive down and collect, so any future bike I want it much close to home.

Comment

Working...
                              X