Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100GK pricing help

Hello all-

I'm selling my 1982 GS1100GK, 25k miles (put an ad in the 'for sale' forum)....But wanted to ask the general population here what they thought a bike like mine would go for? There's not a lot out there for sale, to do a comparison to.

Thanks for any info....appreciate it.

They are a Suzuki GS

That meand they are worth less than a Yamaha Venture, Kawasak KZ 1000 of any kind, or a , Gold Wing.

Yours has flames, which is weird to me. It leads to skulls.

I doubt that the flames would bother too many people though. Most of the people here like GS for there relative lack of monetary value. Cheap goo bikes, in other words. They remain a secret passed over by mainstream buyers with the exception of the GS1000S, which to me is the Mavweick Grabber of GS1000, as there is no improvement in it over any other GS1000. It is strictly a styling exercise, and I buy these things to use, not to oogle.

I would say that if you got it running just right, $2500. Otherwise, $2000 Bear in mind that a lot of the folks here buy these to cut up only to punish them because they have survived (which to me proves their value) and to cut them up because of that the fact that they are dirt cheap. (hacksaw ready to make a bobber cafe brat cafe steam punk custom bike).

They are good bikes, but crap investments, unless you are willing to pay the premium on the blue and white Grabber version, or to a lesser degree, the black and white GS1000E of 1978.

Just my opinion, but I'm a cheapskate who owns Seven of them currently, and I've given away four good runners. I can afford anything, but why pay more? ha ha
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Yeah, I agree about the popularity & the flames, and about cutting them up. Honestly, I got it pretty cheap & was planning on doing another bobber/café/rat bike like my GS450.

But my GS450 was in terrible shape, so hacking it up was no big loss....made it better actually. And if someone wanted to do that to the GS1100, so be it.....it's just in such nice shape, it'd kinda be a shame, ya know.

I've got 5 bikes myself right now....if I could I'd have 50.....but can't get too crazy....just don't have the space & resources.

I think $2k would be fair for someone who wanted to keep it the way it is.....probably a bit much for someone looking to café it out......But like I said, it's in such nice shape, I kinda hope whoever ends up buying it would want to keep it in tact.

And I'm not a fan of the flames exactly.....but they seem to be a quality job & they're not crazy.....and no skulls either, ha! It's definitely for someone who wants something unique.

On one hand it's too bad these old Suzukis don't get as much respect as the Hondas.....but then again, that does keep the price down.....We'll see what happens.

Anyway, thanks for the input.....I appreciate anything anyone has to say.

Comment

I think that you are on the right page. IKEEP SOME BIKES AT MY MOM'S IN aNAHEIM, THAT i BARELY USE. My brother in Maine has a GS1100G that I gave to him after I let him use it on a few family tours that I organized. He really wants hard bags. The 1mm bigger fork on the GK has actual potential as an IMPROVEMENT over the regular 1100G. If you care to deliver to Anaheim, maybe we could do business. I assume it charges, and is usable as it is

By all means, putit on the market and see what happens, or maybe I could buy the bags and racks only.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
          The 1mm bigger fork on the GK has actual potential as an IMPROVEMENT over the regular 1100G.
          One of my 1100G's came with 37mm forks and I changed them to the 41mm GK forks. Which year 1100G came with 40mm forks?
          (Sorry for the H/K but Combat has more of these bikes than anyone. )

Comment

Combat.....I sent you a couple private messages, but I'm not sure they went through....did you get anything?

Comment

Working...
            X