RD 350 (not mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RD 350 (not mine)

If you're lookin for a purdy one... but it'll cost ya.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4476176790.html

here's the text...

I am selling a 1974 Yamaha RD 350 two-stroke motorcycle. This bike was redone one year ago which includes fork seals, brakes, paint, steering bearings, etc. All the chrome is in good shape but could use a good polishing to be perfect. I have a clean title and the bike starts in less than 3 kicks. The side covers are perfect and all the electrical works. The bike has 14,644 original miles on it. The seat is perfect with no tears or blemishes, only slightly faded. The tires are very good and this bike could be ridden home!! It needs nothing but a rider unless you wanted to do a concourse resto on it.

I am asking 2800.00 OBO! This bike is iconic in the cafe racer world and I would challenge you to find another one in this shape for the price. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an offer, all serious ones will be considered. I'm afraid I can't allow any test rides without cash in hand. Thanks for looking!

The bike is located at my shop, Retrospeed Cafe on Wayne ave in Dayton. I will make myself available for potential buyers. My name is Jason.

I'm not in the market, but will say that my 1979 RD400F Daytona Special was an absolute blast to ride. It was light, had a great power band, handled great, felt faster than it was, and would power wheelie at will in 1st gear. I also thought the white, red, and black color scheme was super cool, but that doesn't apply to this one. Fun bike for the right buyer.
    Last edited by knotscott; 05-27-2014, 03:34 PM.
    '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
    '73 CB350 - 1st ride
    '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
    '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Nice resto and, IMHO, a very reasonable price. I've had several each of the RD models from the 250 thru the 400. I share knotscott's opinion. The 400 was a blast to ride.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

I don't recognize the color of that RD350. Here is a link for a RD400F which IIRC last year was for sale in the same town with a blown engine .. . must have rebuilt

1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

I'd pay it if I had it. I want an orange one though!
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Like this one in the background? Bought it new in '76. Leftover '75. Sitting behind my '73 Z-1, bought used in '78. Wish I had 'em both back.

Comment

Fun to ride back then, I'd like to find another, but I'm not paying that much for a 40 year old 350.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thinking about selling my RD400. I never use it. I like these better than 350s. the longer stroke moroe has more torque and a less peaky delivery. The rubber mounts make it smoother to ride. Its a bit bigger, too, and fits me better. The seat is really good. Not GS1000G good, but good.

Last edited by 850 Combat; 05-29-2014, 12:10 PM.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Towards the beginning of the movie 'Game of Death' there's a sparkling new orange RD350 parked in the background of a shot. MMMMMM! There's a lot of 'product placement' for Yamaha in the film. Later on the baddies are all riding around on something like XT500s, 4 stroke enduros.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                    Nothin' that a little bit of paint won't cure...

Comment

Originally posted by winfield View Post
                      That is pretty!

All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by winfield View Post
                        Nothin' that a little bit of paint won't cure...
                        heheh paint isn't a cure for anything when I apply it!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Is anyone familiar with the RD200? My friend just inherited one, it was his dad's first bike. It's pretty cool to ride an old 2-stroke, but it isn't quite running right because we fit pod filters. We absolutely didn't want to, but the rubber boots on the airbox were too far gone, and lord help me if I can find any new/used replacements. Don't know squat about tuning these 2-smokers; is there any hope in getting it running right with the pods?

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                            That was my first thought, too -- I have no idea if that black and gold color scheme was an original option, but these bikes just don't look right in sober colors.

I love Yamaha's '70s psychedelic funk paint schemes!
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Once upon a time, I had a tweaked RZ350. I miss that bike, and would love to own another.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                              X