Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Again

Not really a new guy, I have been on this board in the past under a previous account that got nuked due to lack of activity.

I have owned a 1982 GS1100E since fall of 2004. I did a bunch of maintenance, rode it as my only bike for a season and a half, then bought a new 2006 GSXR1000 as my daily rider. The 1100E has been sitting for the better part of 5 years now and is stuck partway through a cosmetic refurbishment. It ran decently well when I got it and I tuned it to the point of excellence over time, but it was very cosmetically *ahem* "challenged". It really looked like it had spent every last year of its first 22 sitting outside in the weather before I got it and put it in a proper garage as all bikes deserve.

I started to repaint it in 2009 and it has sat since due to work, family commitments and finding other hobbies to take up my time. I have now got my garage sorted and paint work will recommence once the weather is reasonable.

A couple of pics of the bike as it was purchased:

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Garage or some cover at the very least yes. Looks like a fun project, keeping the same color scheme?

Comment

That's a great bike....lots of polish and paint and the basic maintenance that needs done to make it a reliable runner again and you will have a nice one.
      Looks like a great one to clean up and ride.
      Welcome back, hope to see more pictures once you start bringing it back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNE 77 View Post
        Garage or some cover at the very least yes. Looks like a fun project, keeping the same color scheme?
        I am going with a white base and a red stripe down the middle on top. The front fender and side panels are partially painted, but I stalled out when I got to prepping the tank and tail piece. I am setting up a portable paint booth in my garage and will get it all done this summer. While the bike is apart I am doing salty_monk's twin pot front brake upgrade and maybe installing a set of Sonic fork springs. It currently has modified Progressive Suspension fork springs with modified damper rod internals. The rear has Ikon shocks.

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        That's a great bike....lots of polish and paint and the basic maintenance that needs done to make it a reliable runner again and you will have a nice one.
        Looks like a great one to clean up and ride.
        Welcome back, hope to see more pictures once you start bringing it back to life.
        Thanks. The 1100E is a great street bike, I really enjoyed riding it. Once it is back to looking 100% again I look forward to many more miles of enjoyment on it.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
        X