Remember that guy.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that guy.......

that had the stories about potentially purchasing a multi-location business?

Later on, he was working on selling his home in Florida and helping an old friend work through a foreclosure.......... where did he go?

Yeah, I remember him. Wasn't he going to jump on a train and ride the rails? Maybe he actually did it !
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Yeah, I remember him. Wasn't he going to jump on a train and ride the rails? Maybe he actually did it !
      Ha! I must have missed that one, but it sounds fitting!

Comment

Scout maybe?
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I don't remember him but people actually ride rails?

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Scout maybe?
            Yes, I think that was him... I remember his undercover reports when he was scoping out the store he wanted to buy...

Turned into a bit of a minimum wage discussion.
            '85 GS550L - SOLD
            '85 GS550E - SOLD
            '82 GS650GL - SOLD
            '81 GS750L - SOLD
            '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
            '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
            '82 GS1100G - SOLD
            '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
              Yes, I think that was him... I remember his undercover reports when he was scoping out the store he wanted to buy...

Turned into a bit of a minimum wage discussion.
              I searched "Scout" and it says he has 174 post count but when you look and see what he posted it's only 35 I'm not understanding this.

Also it does not show his date of last activity. On mine it shows when I last was on.

I am going on 3 years here and I am always surprised how many people come and go through these forums

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                I searched "Scout" and it says he has 174 post count but when you look and see what he posted it's only 35 I'm not understanding this.

Also it does not show his date of last activity. On mine it shows when I last was on.

I am going on 3 years here and I am always surprised how many people come and go through these forums
                the store thread is completely gone, and that is where the majority of his posts were, so the post counter must keep track of everything that was ever posted. Not sure how that worked in relation to old Guff tricking the 500 post count...
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I don't usually pay attention to non-related motorcycle stuff here, but I recall seeing his business woes and it caught my attention.

Early on I had my suspicions, but his stories were entertaining.

Something here jogged my memory of him yesterday.

Comment

The stuff in Off Topic gets purged every so often, not sure how often, six months or so I think, so that is why the discrepancy, most his posts were in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post

Later on, he was working on selling his home in Florida and helping an old friend work through a foreclosure.......... where did he go?
                      OMG I wish I knew! I met him on here last year and we xchanged emails & phone numbers. Kept in contact with him outside of GS forums here & there over the winter. I lost track of him as I had to concentrate on studies before I graduated. Probably been since April since I have heard from him I will try and re-connect and tell him to get his butt back in here and answer for his absence

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post

Thanks for asking about me Vmass. I was told to get my rear in gear and update from another fine member so here I am. Truth me known I tried to update several of my threads in the Off-Topic a couple or few months ago but they were all gone. At any rate I needed to get a firmer grip on my life direction and I have done so and tied up some loose ends along the way.

I sold a house I owned in Orlando and used a real estate attorney to handle the papers, ect. He is an older gentleman, later 70s, and we became fast friends. Somehow we began talking foreclosures over golf one day and he said he needed a ground level partner in a new endeavor. He own's quite a portfolio of property both commercial and residential that is handled 100% through a management company and he wanted to bring someone in that could learn the business ground floor, be a partner in a new company and then when the infrastructure was done we would bring his properties inline with the new company. Had to be someone with monetary resources, fairly young and someone who was willing to get his hands dirty and grow from a seedling. Long story short we are partnered in a joint venture. It's him and myself and an office manager we share with another small business. We currently own one 16 unit complex but are looking at several others. My partner has long roots in the business and people often bring him opportunites.

From late January to the end of April I was a volunteer labor "groupie" and donated my time in exchange for knowledge with a several organisations that build affordable housing for people in need. I traveled as far north as Virginia and west to Texas all on my own dime to learn everything I could about building methods, ect so I could better deal with contractors or situations that are surely to occur with my own properties. A very enlightening experience and an unbelievable eye opener, I could talk for days about my experiences! Now it's back to home to changing furnace filters, toilet handles, painting and fielding issues of all kinds and putting out fires daily. Can't wait till we are big enough to at least hire one more person!

If things go on schedule we are expected to see a small return on investment starting in January/February of 2016. No, I am not kidding

Comment

Great to hear from you again, Scout.
                          I was one of the many that had been following your endeavors with job/life dissatisfaction, the gas station saga and even some motorcycle stories.
                          Glad that you have found something to pour your energy into.
                          Learning some building skills is always beneficial and you had the added bonus of helping out with those less fortunate than you. A pat on the back for you.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            Great to hear from you again, Scout.
                            I was one of the many that had been following your endeavors with job/life dissatisfaction, the gas station saga and even some motorcycle stories.
                            Glad that you have found something to pour your energy into.
                            Learning some building skills is always beneficial and you had the added bonus of helping out with those less fortunate than you. A pat on the back for you.
                            Thank you sir. The gas station "adventure" will be a chapter in a book I hope to write someday. For now it's changing out door knobs, painting, cleaning, ect. We bought an 8 Plex unit and took possession on the 1st and now it's been nothing but work. I did ride once this year

Comment

Working...
                            X