New GS owner... kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS owner... kinda

So I just rescued a GS1100X from impending doom. Was headed to the scrap yard and for $25 it went onto my truck instead. Unsure as yet how wise that was, the old girls in rough shape. I'll post pics once I get them out of my phone.

Here's the skinny:
    BAD - No carbs, engine is stuck, no side covers, no seat, I think the wrong tank, controls are AFU
    GOOD - rolls easily, shifts through a couple gears, clutch functions, I've got a new project!

This isn't my first rodeo, I've had a few vintage Japanese bikes over the years. My last Suzuki was a GS550L, loved it!

Once I've got some progress to report, I'll start a project thread. Seems to be a wealth of info here, hopefully I can add a little to it.

Welcome! Sounds like a good deal, especially if it has a title. But will be spending some money on parts, but at that price you're already ahead. Post in the wanted parts section on here and check ebay. terrylee

Comment

Well the price was right! You'll never loose money on it even if you break it for parts! But don't do that, restore it :-)

Comment

She'll keep you busy for a while, but it'll be worth it...
        Lookin forward to the pics..

Comment

Welcome, and good luck with the build.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Pictures!!!!!!!!!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X