Second 2wheel toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second 2wheel toy

Hello, getting back in to riding after 10 years. Bought a 85 GS750EF for some parts real cheap for my 84 GSX750SE Ltd Katana I've had for 25 years. Told it had bad engine. No( low) comp in #3 cylinder. It did! 30psi but after seafoaming crankcase 145psi ( within 10 of others). Part swap will have to wait! Gonna enjoy it for awhile first. It has a few issues but so do I! Nothing a little TLC won't cure. Forum has some good info. Thanks folks.

Cheers Will.

Welcome to the site.
    The knowledge here will amaze you.
    Got any pics of your new ride?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Bad84kat View Post
      Hello, getting back in to riding after 10 years.
      Me too (25 years).

But we must have some pictures. If she's shy, she can keep her sidecovers and other bodywork on, nothing naughty, very tasteful, just full left and right profiles.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

+3 on the pics,have a special interest in seeing another 85EF.Woundn't mind seeing the pop up to

Comment

Thanks, Already found a ton of info to point me in right direction. The front rotors have been scored pretty bad from someone letting the pads go past the point of no return so I'm looking for used set to replace them.
          I have no pics in format that this forum will allow (phone pics only at this point). She is the rare Red and Black with silver trim and full dressed! The Pop-up is Original Pearl White and black. They make a nice couple.

Comment

She is Identical twin to the one in SVsooke avitar! Seperated at birth???

Comment

It would be close but not identical,I came up with a slightly different scheme to find out the factory beat me to it.IMHO mine's better

Comment

What's the "pop-up"?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Try here

Comment

You are correct not identical. Same as the small pic! Your version does follow the lines of the bike nicely!

The pop-up is very rare in North America. Especially 84. Only 200 Ltd's in Canada. The following 2 years they were grey before they were discontinued. 3 year production run only. In 1994 at a gas station I was asked if it was the new years model of Katana. Not bad for a 10 year old bike. The pop-up headlight dates it a bit now but still very unique.

Besides fairings mostly the same bike as GS except a few things like brakes,hyd clutch,front dampers. The GS does feel a bit heavy and want to fall in to corners it seams. The Kat's different handle bar config doesn't seam to do that but you do lay over it a bit more. I had a 83 GS550ES in the late eighties for 2 years. This bike reminds me of it a lot. Probably a little more comfortable on long rides than Kat. All in all very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X