Carb jets coming unscrewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb jets coming unscrewed

I've been having a lot of fun riding the RF lately. I'm not used to such a light weight bike and the massive amount of power. The bike has been popping on deceleration. I could not find any exhaust leaks so I figured the carbs must be jetted to lean. When I installed the dynojet kit, I used the 114 mains which where for a stock muffler. I didn't realize the D&D can on the bike was that much different from a stock can. Rereading the dynojet instructions, I should have used the 118 mains. Today I removed the carbs to install the larger mains. To my surprise, two of the starter jets had come unscrewed and were laying in the fuel bowls. I have never seen this happen before. I'm pretty sure I tightened them when I put the carbs back together. The jets are soft so I didn't want to over tighten them. I guess I will have to periodically pull the carbs to make sure everything is tight. Has anyone had this happen before?

Never had that happen and would dare say you won't ever again , because you will be sure to check them every time now. It was probably , most certainly an oversight when you installed the jet kit. No body is perfect
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

This might help keep them from loosening up (if that's what happened).
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
      X