New Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bike

Hi Guys. Been on here for a bit but only just got to get some pics up. If there is too many feel free to b*ll*ck me. Also feel free to comment and tell me, that bits wrong, that bits buggered etc

Comment

Tank Crud, which is why I best get it cleaned

Comment

I see your problem - it's a blue one and everyone know red ones are better.....

She looks nice and tidy. What are you going to do for mirrors? In case you're not aware a set of standard ones for the fairing will set you back a very large sum -if you can find them.

Edit: that tank sure is nasty inside.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Can't have too many photos of one of those ...
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            I see your problem - it's a blue one and everyone know red ones are better.....

She looks nice and tidy. What are you going to do for mirrors? In case you're not aware a set of standard ones for the fairing will set you back a very large sum -if you can find them.

Edit: that tank sure is nasty inside.
            Yeah here we go red white blue white lol. Im not bothered- ive come off all colours of bike thanks for the compliment. It will look much better when I start and finish it. Im not looking for a show and shine finish though just want it to look like a real clean standard bike. Yeah been doing a lot of thought about mirrors. Really don't want handlebar mirrors or bar ends. I have been searching the last few night for the original fairing ones to no avail. Il keep looking though as that's the look I want. I have seen after market it ones but they just aren't quite right. Ive got enough to go on with for the min though. Tank clean out, carb strip, clutch check, valve shim check, carb balance, fork seals, new speedo cable etc etc

Comment

Yeah I agree on the tank. Was gonna look into doing it myself with a load of nuts on a bit of string but think it needs doing properly. One company will charge £150 for a complete clean then a re seal. Would save a lot of hassle but a lot of money.

Comment

Nice - I'm surprised we let you get that one back across the bridge!
                1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by Devon bloke View Post
                  Yeah I agree on the tank. Was gonna look into doing it myself with a load of nuts on a bit of string but think it needs doing properly. One company will charge £150 for a complete clean then a re seal. Would save a lot of hassle but a lot of money.

If you think that is a lot of money you'll drop a turd when you finally see some stock mirrors up for sale.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    If you think that is a lot of money you'll drop a turd when you finally see some stock mirrors up for sale.
                    What did that last LH one on ebay make? Around £400 wasn't it?
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Paying $400 for a pair of mirrors is one thing but £150 for a tank clean is another Id be admiring those mirrors everytime I walked up to the bike so well worth the money The only time id look in the tank is to stick the nozzle in

Comment

Originally posted by Devon bloke View Post
                        Paying $400 for a pair of mirrors is one thing .....
                        It wasn't for the pair - just the one!
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                          It wasn't for the pair - just the one!
                          I know where there's a nice brand new pair for a grand US plus shipping......
                          Last edited by bccap; 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Nice bike!!

Comment

I'll have to keep a look out at auto jumbles then? You haven't scared me off yet. I'll sell one or both of the other bikes if I have to :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X