Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member with the earliest GS

According to Wiki -
    "The first of the GS Series was the four-cylinder GS750 released alongside the GS400 parallel twin in November 1976. (1977 Model Year)"

It might also be interesting to see who has the smallest and largest engine displacement.

Stock GS models ran from 125 to 1200 cc.

(Yep - raining on my day off)

My 78 GS750E - Manufactured March 1978

A pic of a GS125

Well Jennifer is certainly not a contender for the earliest model or the biggest displacement, but she has to be right up there for the highest mileage.
    375 000Km with having no more than the valve cover removed for valve clearance adjustment, and a stator.

1981 GS1000G 375 000Km "Jennifer"

Comment

Still no seat? I guess after 375,000 KMs without one you would have a pretty hard ass.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Flyboy, is that a factory paint job?
        Geared only for Africa, The Netherlands and parts of Northern Ireland?

(And previous Honda owners)

Comment

No wonder people call me a hard ass, no man Tom, the seat is lying in the garage of a certain Bard award winning member in the Great Lakes State, along with my wiring harness and clocks.
          If all goes according to plan, i should have them in my sweaty paws mid August.

No that is my attempt at a paint job, in my garage at home, but it is the factory colour scheme that she came out in.
          I think only South Africa and the UK got it, not sure about Australia and NZ, I could be wrong.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I answered my own question - just never saw that combo before....

I like it ! - a bit of KZ900 & KZ750 with some CB-F thrown in...

Comment

I find this a bit curious:
              Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              375 000Km with having no more than the valve cover removed for valve clearance adjustment, and a stator.
              Yet, your signature says this:
              1981 GS1000G - Jennifer, Currently under rebuild.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hahaha, 375 000km up until the teardown for rebuild Steve.
                Motor has not been opened past the valve cover until I tore her down for the rebuild.
                Not really going to count after the rebuild.
                For total mileage I guess, but not towards longevity stats, after a top end refresh we start at 00000.0 again, not so?

Comment

No wonder people call me a hard ass, no man Tom, the seat is lying in the garage of a certain Bard award winning member in the Great Lakes State, along with my wiring harness and clocks.
                  Actually the seat pan is hanging on the wall of the garage.

(gauges are in the office, title is still hanging on the wall, seat cover and foam are on the shelf along with your GK's tins, wiring loom(s) and turn signals are in the basement... )

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

1981 GS1000G - Jennifer, Currently under rebuild.

GeeWhiz,
                    I start a thread that I think might be interesting and STEVE & Flyboy
                    runaway with a HIJACK ! -

J/K of course.
                    Last edited by Notz; 06-13-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

How about the lowest serial number?

I had GS 550 number 35.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                          GeeWhiz,
                          I start a thread that I think might be interesting and STEVE & Flyboy
                          runaway with a HIJACK !
                          And your point is ... ???

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My 77 750 was built in August of 76.
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

And your point is ... ???

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....nothing.

(as long as I don't hafta pay to get it back )

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
                              "What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
                              The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
                              "Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
                              "Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
                              "Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
                              "Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
                              "Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
                              "So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird sh1t!"
                              "Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet.

Q - What has five eyes, ten ears, and five legs?
                              A - Five pirates!

Comment

Working...
                              X