Bill (Chef1366) Carb clean and Jetting review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill (Chef1366) Carb clean and Jetting review

Bill did two sets of 89 gsxr bst36ss slingshot carbs for my 82 GS1100E, and my dad's 83 GS1100E. These carbs are tricky and bill had them dialed in and was extremely helpful with all the questions i had, plus the price was very good.
    Both bikes are now better in every way, it's very impressive how dialed in
    he got these carbs. The bikes have stock engines with 4-1 Yoshimura exhausts with the k&n dual oval pods, he used the dynojet stage 3 kit jetted to perfection. Bill made these bikes so much more fun to ride, best guess is between 10-15 more horsepower and smoother acceleration all the way thru the rpm's, NO flat spots! Bill is the guy if you want it done right the first time, much appreciated Bill!

Below is a video of the 83 GS1100e with the slingshot carbs Bill did.

Below is a video of the 82 with the 2nd set of slingshot carbs Bill did.
    Thunder & Night Child's Brother Lightning

Cant thank you enough Bill, were more then impressed with your work, very
    much appreciated!
    1982 GS1100E 1983 GS1100E

Originally posted by batterup View Post
    Bill did two sets of 89 gsxr bst36ss slingshot carbs for my 82 GS1100E, and my dad's 83 GS1100E. These carbs are tricky and bill had them dialed in and was extremely helpful with all the questions i had, plus the price was very good.
    Both bikes are now better in every way, it's very impressive how dialed in
    he got these carbs. The bikes have stock engines with 4-1 Yoshimura exhausts with the k&n dual oval pods, he used the dynojet stage 3 kit jetted to perfection. Bill made these bikes so much more fun to ride, best guess is between 10-15 more horsepower and smoother acceleration all the way thru the rpm's, NO flat spots! Bill is the guy if you want it done right the first time, much appreciated Bill!

Below is a video of the 83 GS1100e with the slingshot carbs Bill did.

Below is a video of the 82 with the 2nd set of slingshot carbs Bill did.
    Thunder & Night Child's Brother Lightning

Cant thank you enough Bill, were more then impressed with your work, very
    much appreciated!
    Thank you.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Bill did a carb set for my 1982 GS850GL with some mods. Connected them up and everything worked right out of the box. He changed the mains and raised the needle. Static sync was very close to vacuum sync. Good guy to deal with. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
      X