New to me! GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me! GS750

Hello everyone! Finally picked up this beaut from a coworker. Wanted to introduce myself and what I was working with. It will go under the knife soon once moto lift arrives. I will definitely be asking a ton of questions so please be patient!

Welcome to the site, Mdelosrey.
    Some cool bits on your bike. Big bore kit?
    Looks like an early Yosh pipe. What is the badge?
    Aftermarket rims too. How wide is the rear? 3"?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Welcome to the site, Mdelosrey.
      Some cool bits on your bike. Big bore kit?
      Looks like an early Yosh pipe. What is the badge?
      Aftermarket rims too. How wide is the rear? 3"?
      From what I gather is its a Yoshimura 850cc motor (under 10k miles), exhaust was hand bent Yoshi also. Rims are D.I.D, unsure of width as of now but the rear has a 130 on it. From the looks of it, it looks like it can run a wider tire but the rear caliper "brace?" is really close to the tire. Maybe if I change the geometry of that brace I can run a wider tire.

Comment

Someone put a lot of time effort and money into that one a long time ago.

I will be interesting to see what you do with it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

If that is a hand bent Yosh, take good care of it in the resto. Not many of them around.
          A helpful GSer might be nearby if you put your location in your avatar.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Be careful not to hack that one up, fully restored it would be special.

Comment

Welcome! Nice bike. I look forward to seeing you get this one up and running.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Someone put a lot of time effort and money into that one a long time ago.

I will be interesting to see what you do with it.
                Tell me about it.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                If that is a hand bent Yosh, take good care of it in the resto. Not many of them around.
                A helpful GSer might be nearby if you put your location in your avatar.
                Updated my location. I'll media blast the exhaust and decide if I want to coat it or wrap it.

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                Be careful not to hack that one up, fully restored it would be special.
                It won't be "hacked" up.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                Welcome! Nice bike. I look forward to seeing you get this one up and running.

cg
                Thanks, I hope to keep this project steamin! Awaiting a bunch of parts already. Disassembly as soon as moto lift arrives!

Comment

Those are 29mm smoothbores with early or replacement float bowls.

Comment

I noticed the smoothbores markings on the right side of the bank as well but the drain screws on the bowls threw me off.
                    Do you know which replacement bowls fit?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                    X