Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to GS Resources with GS1150EF

Hello GS Resource members,

I'm new here, from Canada and own a 1984 GS1150EF. I find it confusing on the naming and models of the 1150. In 1984 Canada had the GS1150EF, USA had the GS1150ES and other places it was called the GSX1100EF. I'm not sure why the US had a ES with no bottom lowers and the rest of the world did.

I have always loved the 1150 as an old school muscle bike with a jewel for an engine. When they came out, I believe the best 1/4 mile time I've read on this bike was 10.47 and that's even good today in my books.

I've heard these called rare but they were Suzuki's flagship bike and I believe a lot of them were made. It was one of the most expensive 1100 or large cc bikes in it's time.

I love this site because people can exchange info and learn about other vintage bikes. I'm a big fan of the GS1150 and I hope to find many people here that feel the same way. I always wished I live more south with the warmer weather because I realistic get only about 4 to 6 months of good riding weather here in Canada.

We need to see some photos of your Suzi. If she's shy, she can keep her bottom lowers on.

Tasteful, but we must see some engine.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Welcome. Quite a few Canadians on this site. Pictures are nice.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Welcome from a fellow 1150 owner.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Question for at least two of you: is the 1150 the same block as the 1100, but called different because of where it was originally sold?

Just curious...

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Once the 1100 had become 1135 cc, I believe you have the labels correct.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by A-train View Post
              Question for at least two of you: is the 1150 the same block as the 1100, but called different because of where it was originally sold?

Just curious...

Welcome to the forum!
              1150 has different (better)cases and a thicker cylinder liners...different(better) head.
              all parts are interchangeable though.

Comment

Welcome-I love my 1150.
                85 1150E

Comment

Great Bike - Welcome

Welcome to another Canuck and GS1150 owner.

I lived in Canada for 5 years (and got a Canadian passport) but came back to Blighty in 1986 and brought my GS1100G (purchased in Burlington, Ontario in 1985) with me. But my favourite bike has become my GS1150. See my GS1150 Blog. It's an import from the US and needs quite a bit of work.

There probably were many of this model of bike made but 1,000s of them have been used for drag racing (almost indestructible motor) and many more turned into street fighters and other custom bikes. You can find a lot of used motorcycle parts but engines are becoming rarer.

Have fun with it.

Greetings
                  Last edited by londonboards; 06-28-2014, 03:08 AM.
                  Richard
                  sigpic
                  GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                  GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                  Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Welcome here, pics please!

Comment

Originally posted by Gold01ca View Post
                      Welcome here, pics please!
                      Here's a picture of the bike

Comment

This is the reason why I wanted a GS1150 and I've seen other 10 sec. quarter mile times but 10.47 seems the lowest for a stock GS1150 bike.

Comment

Originally posted by chips99 View Post
                          Here's a picture of the bike
                          Nice.....I dig those silver/black ESs
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                          X