New to the bike world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the bike world

At 37 i went for my endorsement. I am a bit late in the world of bikes. Now that i have been riding for my 3rd summer. I started out on a Roketa 150 scooter. Back last fall i traded a rifle for the 82 GS450L. Yes it was a running bike. Been learning lots! Love riding! Wish i would have started sooner in life. Hope to learn from ya all here. I did this spring have new clutches put in. I just got done putting new sprockets and chain on it. In that process i did go from the stock 16 tooth front to 18 tooth and the 41 tooth back to a 40 tooth. the reason for better MPG and it did drop the RPM down a bit (1,000 R's) and she purrs down the road. MPG went up from 55-57 to 65-70. She is not the best looking in the world but the chrome is in good shape. and runs good. Thanks for having me here!
    Hope the picks post ok. The first one is just after a bath when i got it. Then a few with the add on's Bags and added LED lighting still plan to add more things including a paint job to the tank. Just got to find some one that can airbrush.

Welcome! Nice looking bike. Some don't like Ls on here, but I see no problem, other than handlebars should be changed out. terrylee

Comment

How many miles (kilometers?) on her?

Looks nice, even nicer with a little paint.

You plan on doing some traveling, or just like the looks of the bags?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Welcome!

I wish I could change sprockets on my 300 but there are too many hills around where I live.

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by Gun-Nut View Post
          At 37 i went for my endorsement. I am a bit late in the world of bikes. Now that i have been riding for my 3rd summer. I started out on a Roketa 150 scooter. Back last fall i traded a rifle for the 82 GS450L. Yes it was a running bike. Been learning lots! Love riding! Wish i would have started sooner in life. Hope to learn from ya all here. I did this spring have new clutches put in. I just got done putting new sprockets and chain on it. In that process i did go from the stock 16 tooth front to 18 tooth and the 41 tooth back to a 40 tooth. the reason for better MPG and it did drop the RPM down a bit (1,000 R's) and she purrs down the road. MPG went up from 55-57 to 65-70. She is not the best looking in the world but the chrome is in good shape. and runs good. Thanks for having me here!
          Hope the picks post ok. The first one is just after a bath when i got it. Then a few with the add on's Bags and added LED lighting still plan to add more things including a paint job to the tank. Just got to find some one that can airbrush.

I had to sign onto my smart phone to see the pics...soooo

Nice Bike!

I'm not one to make smart remarks about "L's" because I've never ridden one. (I'm a "T" owner and I love her!)

Oh crap, forgot your welcome.

Lots of great help on this site and tons of characters/personalities from all walks of life.

NOTE: It's never too late to ride. You may get opinions about it but I'm late to the party as well. I was 45 when I began my adventure and with a powerful first bike. I had to calm things down and my GS750TZ fits the bill.

Enjoy your way around here and post/upload pics to your profile--I like seeing what GS owners do to their bikes.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            How many miles (kilometers?) on her?

Looks nice, even nicer with a little paint.

You plan on doing some traveling, or just like the looks of the bags?
            Clock says 22,000 now, but really unknown. Title has a Odometer Discrepancy when i bought it. It had 19,700 on it. Starts and runs strong. The guy that i took it to to do the clutches said all looked clean on the insides and no heavy ware. I hit the start and she will POP in a flash. He was impressed with the age and how well she runs. No signs of it ever being layed down. So for the most part 100% clean bill of health.

Yes a few road trips will be in the works. I do ride it for the most part to work and back. But do ride when i get the chance. The bags make hulling my lunch and a few other things as well easy.

The paint job i want will be a thunderstorm with the purple lighting streaming down. That will match the LED lights. So it will look like the bolts are striking the engine.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BiomedDR View Post
              Welcome!

I wish I could change sprockets on my 300 but there are too many hills around where I live.
              I am up here in the North West of the state! This flat land is not my cup of tea! Stright roads and you can see for miles. Not much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                Welcome! Nice looking bike. Some don't like Ls on here, but I see no problem, other than handlebars should be changed out. terrylee
                Ya i here guys dont like them L's (dont know why) but I like it. I like the old school look. The bars will stay. They are relaxing for my long arms. I could not pass on this bike. It was a deal that just had to go! The guy had it up for sale on a FB page and was wanting $450 or trade for guns. Had one just sitting and not being used for the last 10 years. He liked it and the deal went down. I will say i got the better end. the gun was worth a little less, but he is using it and i am riding, so we both made out.

Comment

Working...
                X