new member from Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member from Indiana

I'm new to this forum and glad to be here! I currently own a '77 GL1000 and a '91 GL1500. I've owned and sold a couple of other bikes. Had no idea what I was getting into when I bought my first vintage motorcycle years ago, but I've dove into some wrenching and restoration projects and learned some things about troubleshooting, patience and perseverance.
    I love to ride and do so on a tight budget so when I got the chance to pull the head apart and put it back together for cash on my neighbor's '82 GS1100E I jumped into it.
    I've learned that this bike is a special machine and I respect it a lot more than the guy who's been riding it.
    I started a thread in the rebuild/restoration section and was directed to a site where I found the shop manual I need. Who knows? Maybe my next bike will be a classic Suzuki!

HoganJr

Welcome neighbor!

Comment

Welcome !!!

You're right down the "street" from a few of us. I live in and work in Lawrence near Ft Ben.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Northeast Indiana.
        1978 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
        1981 GS1100E
        1982 GS1100E
        1982 GS1000SZ
        1983 GS1100ED
        1983 GS1100ESD
        1978 Honda CB750K
        1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Originally posted by hoganjr View Post
          ......................... Who knows? Maybe my next bike will be a classic Suzuki!

HoganJr
          Sounds like a good idea.

THis website is a good reason to have an 80s Suzuki if you are going to have an 80s bike.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X