Intake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Boots

Forgive me if I am missing something someplace. Where can I get the proper intake o-rings and boots listed in the new member welcome post? Also while I am making an arse of myself, rear brake rotors? I have looked at the parts dealers listed within the above mentioned post. I saw one price at well over 1000$ and have seen a few different replacement rotors(I think).Where can I find a reasonably priced rotor that is the correct one for an 82 gs850L? Sorry if I can find this info elsewhere I seem to have been unsuccessful at the search. Thanks

Sorry answered my own question on the O-rings.....brakes still up in the air

Comment

If the rotors are not warped, just scored, they can be honed or machined a few thou. as long as they are within tolerance. I picked up another set at a MC scrapyard for $30. Had to take them off myself, but did not install them as mine cleaned up nicely. The 81/82 seem to be much thicker than what is found on newer bikes, and they are made of stainless steel, I believe.

Comment

Look in the classified forums. There lots of members parting out bikes; quite a few GS850s. You can also try eBay.

Comment

cool thanks I didn't think about ebay. and the classified sections is a great idea. sorry again I am still new to the forum and am finding a lot of information daily. do you recall what is the min tolerances for the rotor?

Comment

Originally posted by smcneish View Post
            cool thanks I didn't think about ebay. and the classified sections is a great idea. sorry again I am still new to the forum and am finding a lot of information daily. do you recall what is the min tolerances for the rotor?
            It's in the shop manual: http://www.mtsac.edu/%7Ecliff/storag...nual_HiRes.pdf

Look for the section dealing with the rear wheel, I'm certain it will have instructions for checking both thickness and runout.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X