Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working on my bike 2 years. Happy this spring 700 miles the hit by cager and totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working on my bike 2 years. Happy this spring 700 miles the hit by cager and totaled

Hi my first post although have been reading for a few years, i joined on jully 8 got my bike totaled on the 17th. Now im nursing an ankle injury and looking for a replacement for Suzy .

My Suzy was a 1983 550 L and gave me hell to pay on the carbs (got her for $300 not running) but she was purring like a kitten.

Now I have plenty of spare parts for the 83 but no bike (coils, 2 sets of working carbs, gauges etc.) I want another one am I limited to a 1983 or can the carbs be good for an 84 or 85?

I'm looking at an 83 650 L will my 550 engine bolt up? Will the tires fit? And a 1985 550L, will my carbs fit ? Or should I find an 1983

Thank you folks forever in debt to you as you helped imensly in putty Suzy on the road before her demise

Dennis

had the same thing happen with one of my jeeps. It sucks! I can't really answer your tech question, but I just wanted you to know I feel your (emotional) pain. (I hurt my wrist and back in my wreck. Probably a lot less painful than your injury.)
    Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
    1979 GS850GN
    sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
    1975-2008

Comment

Hey thanks its been 2 weeks and my ankle is still swollen not much as in other injuries shoulder hurts when I raise my arm, I guess I was able to slow down substantially when I collided
      How are you?

Comment

Working...
      X