79 Gs750e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 Gs750e

About 2 years ago i paid $500 for my gs750e from sitting in a storage locker for 4 years. At the price i bought it for i thought it was going to need a lot of work, When i saw it i wasn't sure if there was rust in the gas tank because there was still fuel in it. When i got it home i changed the oil and put a little bit of dry gas in it and then some fresh fuel and it started right up. I was honestly the happiest man in the world. Here is a picture from a couple of days ago
    IMG_4982.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2014, 11:17 PM.

Hi,

Bike looks good! Sometimes you get lucky. When you do get around to needing some maintenance, this should get you going in the right direction. WARNING: Lots of information in the following links!

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
    Help! Your Bike Won't Start
    DON'T DO THESE THINGS
    Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
    Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Wow, looks like a great bike Yoshi Pipe(??), great paint, great seat, aftermarket shocks.

before you go to far, check the maintenance as Cliff suggests. Do the Quick Test (see my signature) and report the results.

Comment

Working...
      X