new 850g guy in Va.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 850g guy in Va.

Hey there, names Mark! from the Fredericksburg, Va area. New to the GS platform, and to a suzuki for that matter. Previously have rode a Honda 600rr and a Ducati M900, but have now found myself a nice 80 GS850G. So far I'm really enjoying the bike. Seems solid, runs great, handles decent, good sound. she is a bit of a heavy girl though! Anyways, glad i came across the site. Seems like solid place to soak up all the info need.

Nice modded out GS there. It's got a very clean, unencumbered look. I've got a mostly stock gs650 right now, but I'm looking to take down some of the extra silhouette and pull it all in a little. It's nice to see it done well.

Comment

Hi,

Nice little cafe job there. Did you do the mods yourself? I ask because pods and pipes require jetting changes in the carbs. Here's the standard greeting to help you start getting filled in.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
      Help! Your Bike Won't Start
      DON'T DO THESE THINGS
      Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
      Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks for the compliments on the bike! I wish i could take credit for putting it together, but i was fortunate to find this already done up how I was wanting. A good amount of service work has already been completed on her, but i do have a list of things i was looking to take care of. Thank you Bass for the big welcome and all that great info! Now i can add even more to the list.

Comment

Welcome fellow VA rider! I am far from Fredericksburg (I'm outside of Blacksburg in SwVA), but maybe one day we will see each other. Safe travels, and great looking bike!

Comment

Welcome to GSR.
            Looks like someone made a reasonable cafe. By that I mean was concerned about functionality and retained the rear suspension and the front fender.

Thanks for nice pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
            X