Win for the good guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win for the good guys!

So I was trolling around the site while at work tonight...as opposed to working...(im a medic...bad idea?) I came across a thread regarding the seals inside the air box. Can you buy the proper seals for this? I took a ride to Walmart and bought some weather stripping and cleaned the surfaces real well (again while at work) it really seems to do the trick and helped progress to a way smoother idle and seems to be all around smoother when I blip the gas. Just seems that there should be a more proper way to do this. Also the air filter the aftermarket K&N cartridge for the air box, Has anyone used this? Is it worth the 50 bucks? Will it cause rough running conditions? Or am I better off with UNI filter brand? Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2014, 02:58 AM.

Yup, sealing up the airbox is a worthwhile and necessary maintenance item. Here's the tutorial for sealing up the rest of the system as well: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

The K&N filter works well and is a direct replacement for the stock filter. No carb jetting or other stuff needed.

(P.S. You might consider adding your bike to your forum signature to give us some context when replying.)
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yup, that air filter post has me thinking as well. He certainly sealed his better than I did when I rebuilt/painted my airbox. Anyone have any ideas on how to test whether the airbox is sealing as well as it should? I opted to not buy the K&N, and went with a Unifilter sheet, cut two pieces, and glued them to shape of original.

Comment

I will work on adding the bike to the signature section. It was really cost effective to do the weather stripping. I think the material was like six bucks. Well worth the investment. And to my surprise I pulled and replaced the plugs today. They looked great for their age. Ant thank you for the answer on the filter was concerned about upsetting the homeostasis of the motor by adding the k&N.

Comment

Working...
        X