New GS owner from MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS owner from MN

Hello all I just recently bought my gs750 with the hopes of getting it road worthy it's got relatively low miles and it runs but the motor is on the way out the door need a new seat and some bars the back end needs some attention but i love it already sounds awesome and despite its faults it rides great

more about me I'm married children of two love chevy and hate ford own them both I have owned mainly sport bikes so this is a bit of transition but its going good so far

Just a few things in the works new bars going to wrap the pipes new exhaust and redoing the seat new rims and tires if i find a good enough set
    Attached Files

If it needs a new motor; new seat, and back end ...?
    What did you buy ?
    Wheels, and a gas tank ...?
    Welcome to the GS Resources - and enjoy the fabulous GS design ...
    I wish you much luck on making that the bike of your dreams .
    Last edited by Wingsconsin; 08-05-2014, 10:58 AM. Reason: added comment
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
      If it needs a new motor; new seat, and back end ...?
      What did you buy ?
      Wheels, and a gas tank ...?
      Agree entirely. You bought nothing essentially and whatever you spent was a wasted effort. Sorry for the real talk but at some point people are going to have to get serious and put pen to paper before putting the hand in the wallet.

Comment

That low milage "out the door" motor is bulletproof. What makes you think it's done?
        Welcome to the forum!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Welcome to the forum..another from MN..cool... I am up in the St Cloud area...don't discount that motor yet..they are pretty bulletproof..most of them bought used just need a little TLC...with all the new MN members we will have to get a get together/ride set up...

JC
          1977 GS 750 "Black Betty"

Comment

Welcome! I just gave my 1980 GS850GLT to my son-in-law with over 101,000 miles on the clock. That engine isn't history yet, I doubt that yours is unless it's full of water or has been run with no oil in it. Go to this site to get a whole lot of info on all things GS related. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ Have fun!

Comment

Working...
            X