New Guy in Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy in Maryland

New guy here. Been riding bikes for years. I have a HD Heritage Softail Classic and do parades and competitions as a Shriner in Baltimore.

Helped a friend get his 1982 GS850GL running a few years back and he promptly parked it again and never rode it. He called me the other day and gave it to me as I was the only one that can get it running.

The past 7 or so years since I fixed it have been rough. Before, it would fire up and idle rough, but Marvel Mystery oil broke up whatever was holding it back and it ran like a top. Now, I'm sure I'll have to rebuild the carbs. Besides the carbs, the front calipers are gummed up and the front master cylinder needs a rebuild and I'm fabricating a new premuffler to fix the holes in the exhaust.

I plan to get her on the road by Christmas and my wife wants to learn to ride, so this will be hers!

Not bad for free!

Free is good! Got any pictures?

Sounds like you know what you're doing. Hang around this forum and read the literature, you will be become a GS expert in no time.

Here's your obligatory mega-welcome: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ers-CLICK-HERE!!

And there's also this: https://www.gswiki.info/wiki/Suzuki_GS_Introduction

Welcome!
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I'll try to get some pics up tonight when I get home!

Comment

Welcome to the site. Passed through Maryland couple weeks ago (95)

1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

Comment

Hi,Humongo-wow,that Is a pretty good bike for free! Your friend was gracious to return your help to him and find this bike a good home!

Comment

Welcome from Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by HUMONGO View Post
                New guy here. Been riding bikes for years. I have a HD Heritage Softail Classic and do parades and competitions as a Shriner in Baltimore.

Helped a friend get his 1982 GS850GL running a few years back and he promptly parked it again and never rode it. He called me the other day and gave it to me as I was the only one that can get it running.

The past 7 or so years since I fixed it have been rough. Before, it would fire up and idle rough, but Marvel Mystery oil broke up whatever was holding it back and it ran like a top. Now, I'm sure I'll have to rebuild the carbs. Besides the carbs, the front calipers are gummed up and the front master cylinder needs a rebuild and I'm fabricating a new premuffler to fix the holes in the exhaust.

I plan to get her on the road by Christmas and my wife wants to learn to ride, so this will be hers!

Not bad for free!
                Welcome to the site. Lots of great stuff here. I`ve got a mother in law in Catonsville. We were there picking up a car in April.
                Mike
                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                X