Colorado Springs recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Springs recommendations

Hi all, 1980 GS450L with a tank that had a HORRIBLE liner and whoever painted it got paint on the inside of the tank. Because it was lined, I can assume it has pin holes somewhere. Whole tank interior needs cleaned out and I have no time in the coming weeks. Where in the springs would you take it? Needs old liner removed and tested for leaks. Also, fuel cock strainer was broken so I need to figure that out, and the Z1 44mm fuel cock doesn't show up when filtered by model/year.

Also, I need lower bearing race on the steering head pulled, same question...

Thank you all in advance!!

try to find a radiator shop they maybe able to get liner out and braze any holes. You can do a search on here for tank liner and there should be several threads about it, but it not fun I can tell you getting it out. The lower bearing can be banged out, but I just took my dremel with a small cutting wheel and very carefully cut the race out then very carefully cut bearing enough to get it to bend inwards with screwdriver and then it should fall right out. terrylee

Comment

outstanding suggestions, thank you!

Comment

I pound out the bearings from the back. It ruins them, but who cares.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
        X