Just bought my first gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought my first gs

Well I got my hands on a 78 gs1000 yesterday. I have been looking at them for a while. My name is clif and I work for a company called tricky air and billet. We specialize in air suspension for about 95% of the bikes out there. Anyways I plan to do a full build on this bike single shock swing arm with a modified version of either our gsxr or hayabusa rear air ride. And use our front 2008 and up hayabusa air forks with radial mount brakes. I'm really excited about this build. Here is a pic of what I'm starting with and a pic of my inspiration bike for the build. I will start a build thread for this bike
    well ill attach pics in a sec
    I

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a nice build! How much did you snag it for and where are you located?

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the build.

Per your "inspiration bike", I can't help but wonder why people don't turn the oil cooler upside down and run the lines over the top of the engine (my third-hand Z1 came that way).

Of course, the more I see bikes like your inspiration, the more I like them. Besides getting the lines out in the breeze, it just shouts, "modified," kind of like a top end oiler.

Have you thought about your eventual oil line routing, or am I getting ahead of things?

Again, welcome and good luck.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes, looking forward to seeing your end result!
          Your inspiration is trick!
          I hope you will go your own way on it.

The Bank Job Bike Suzuki GSX 1100
          SUZUKI GSX 1100 "THE BANK JOB BIKE"

SUZUKI GSX 1100 "THE BANK JOB BIKE"

Comment

$350 and I'm out of henderson tn.....yea I will take my own direction I want to use only newer suzuki oem parts or parts I design. I do all the cad design and cnc programing for our company so a 1 off billet swing arm is probably going to happen. I plan to use oem busa triple trees for a factory look and then use our 55 mm air legs. I'll do my own foot pegs and all those little trim pieces. The front end on the inspiration bike look to be Yamaha I may be wrong though
            Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

$350 and I'm out of henderson tn.....yea I will take my own direction I want to use only newer suzuki oem parts or parts I design. I do all the cad design and cnc programing for our company so a 1 off billet swing arm is probably going to happen. I plan to use oem busa triple trees for a factory look and then use our 55 mm air legs. I'll do my own foot pegs and all those little trim pieces.

Comment

sounds like a potentially unique bike, subscribed.
                1984 GS550ES
                Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Working...
                X