Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proud New Owner of an '82 450T (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud New Owner of an '82 450T (pictures)

Hello GSResources,

So I recently bought this bike and it's my first. It had less than 3k on the odometer when I bought it but it very quickly jumped up to over 4,500. Some issues are starting to show up including electrical and possible carburetion/ valve clearance issues.

I look forward to digging in and learning! I have already been doing quite a bit of reading here and this seems like a fantastic community.

Here is a URL of some pictures of the bike the PO posted when selling.

Thanks!

Welcome! Nice looking 450. Some 0000 steel wool is your friend. If you do a search on sidecovers there should be threads on here on how to repair plastic. terrylee

Comment

Hey mate, welcome! Very neat looking T you got there! Definitely get into the servicing, especially valve clearances as if they're out it will definitely make a noticeable difference for you.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Nice looking bike but you need to get it fitted with new shoes ASAP. Those look real old

Comment

Wow that is a beautiful bike. But why does your have spokes and chrome yet my T does not? Is there a submodel?

Comment

Yeah, they might be about 10 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
              Welcome! Nice looking 450. Some 0000 steel wool is your friend. If you do a search on sidecovers there should be threads on here on how to repair plastic. terrylee
              Thank you! what do you suggest I use the steel wool on?

Comment

Nice bike. Welcome.

cg
                Last edited by Charlie G; 08-30-2014, 09:07 PM. Reason: Nice bike!
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice bike, congratulations

Comment

Bronan, Welcome to GSR.

Nice T.

How are you going about learning to ride?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Very nice! Great pictures!
                      I would just build up some abs pipe glue behind that crack in the sidecovers and see if that stops it growing... Not sure about the mirrors being stock but the rest of the bike looks like it came out of a time machine with so few flaws.

Comment

Working...
                      X