Buying an old Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying an old Honda

She is a '67 Honda Super Cub CA100 w/just over 6K miles.
    Mostly there, needs some electrical problems sorted out, but it runs well.
    Buying it from a fellow GSR member.

I had a white one when I was 15 and have always wanted another...so I got a new project.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Even better...the faster red model.
    Looks great.
    Do you know how much of it is oem or does it have some repro parts on it yet?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Even better...the faster red model.
      Looks great.
      Do you know how much of it is oem or does it have some repro parts on it yet?
      Don't know. I think it is pretty much all original. I do know the exhaust was replaced, but not if it is OEM or aftermarket.

Comment

I had one of those. Crashed it many a time in dirt fields and railroad right of ways. Tore the foot pegs off the frame. broke or bent about everything. I liked the way that you could push the shift lever part way and it would rev in first, and you could pop the clutch and wheelie that way. there was a big patch of ice plant, where I could get the bald tire to spin. then it would inch to the dirt and wheelie. I was under 12 years old, I think.

Yours looks better...
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I think everybody in the whole world must'v had one of those, I had couple of those in the fields. The headlight glass on that one has slipped round a bit, and considering its age it's in very nice condition.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Both halves of the chain guard and the turn signals means it had a good owner.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The best selling motor vehicle of all time.

I'll have one some day, as I have been keeping my eyes peeled for that beautiful one that screams "Take me Home!"

I've ridden many of them in different parts of the globe and they are economical & outstanding transportation.

Comment

"You meet the nicest people..."
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Gorgeous little machine! All you're missing is Audrey Hepburn on the front. It looks like a gas to ride -- at least when there isn't much traffic.
                  and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________
                  2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Bob I think if you hang a bar on the back it will make an awesome bracket bike.
                    That's a sweet little bike that will put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                      All you're missing is Audrey Hepburn on the front.
                      Find a cute girl with a 'pixie' cut, and make believe you're Gregory Peck.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Tough little buggers too!

Honda Cub is the number one motorcycle in the worldIn this Discovery Channel program, there is a countdown of the best motorcycle ever. This video starts wit...

Comment

Very cool.......I am going to start looking!

Comment

Well brought the Honda home this morning. She started right up, although the lights aren't working, but I'll get that fixed.
                            Took a few "before" pics. I'll start a separate thread when the project officially begins.

Comment

That's awesome, Bob! I saw a 'mature' lady getting on one of those a few years ago when I was down in Milford, NJ. She may even have been the original owner, which would be way far out cool. I love them little old Hondas.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                              X