First bike GS850GLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bike GS850GLT

Hello everyone. After years of putting it off, finally decided to get my MC license.
    I recently purchased a 1980 GS850GLT as a starter bike, but it does need some work to get her back on the road.
    The bike has the full Vetter fairing and hard case set.
    It seems to be in decent shape, but has been sitting unused for a couple of years and needs to be gone over.
    The guy I bought it from told me that there was no spark in one of the cylinders so hopefully will not be to hard to get going.

Hello there! The 850GL is a good bike. It was my first bike too. Not sure I'd call it a great starter bike, but it can be a decent one if you're careful and ride well within your limits. If the fairing and cases are in good shape, you might leave them off for awhile.

Here's your mega-welcome: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...96#post1689496 containing links to tutorials, information, and the factory service manual. Read it, breathe it, love it, live it.

If it's been sitting for a while, take a look at the link in my signature for a preview of what your next month or two will be like.

Welcome!
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Thanks I have already found the mega welcome to be full of useful tips and advice, and have already started to collect parts and gaskets for my service.
      Right off the bat, the dreaded 1980 petcock lol need to find a suitable replacement, and a decent set of JIS screwdrivers.

Comment

Working...
      X