Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Member Here

Hey Guys & Gals,
    Just wanted to stop here first and say hello, yesterday i purchased a 1983 GS850L (my user name gives that away lol).
    I purchased it non running with "supposed" carb problems, claimed it would run great after cleaning the carbs, then after a few throttle blips would go back to bogging when the throttle is blipped again.

there are a few issues to address before getting it back on the road or even started, i had to remove a Kawasaki, yes Kawasaki Windjammer, trunk, sissy bar, and hard bags, its amazing how lazy and stupid people can be with wiring.
    Instead of making proper connections with bullet connectors, they hacked and WIRE NUTTED wires back together. So i have a few things to fix in the headlight bucket.

I hope to use the wealth of info the forums and forum users here have, to help get it back on the road, i seen the links to some great resources, so i will browse those and get some good info.

Whats the pic resource u guys prefer for posting pics?

Welcome to the GSR. A majority of people seem to use photobucket.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the GSR. Have fun with your project. I usually use fully insulated spades from RadioShack. Not cheap but then again it's just what I started to use. You can get piles of retro stuff here: http://www.vintageconnections.com

I think that there are a lot of Photobucket users here, including me. It's so easy to copy the img tag. Whatever one you use, post us a few pictures please.
      Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

GS850 ....
        You're going to Love that bike ...

Welcome
        Currently in the Stable :
        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,
          Photobucket it is then, uploading a few now.
          No pics of the bike with the kawasaki stuff on it, no pics no evidence LOL.

Wingsconsin, I am not sure if i will keep the bike yet, i have a 1979 CB650 (Rat Tracker Build so far), that i will be converting to a Hardtail this winter, and thats a great bike so far, but in the spring i may sell them both to buy a newer Bike, preferably a V-Twin bike.
          Or i may keep them both depends on how i feel in the spring LOL

This is with a few things removed, so i could address the wiring and get ready to remove the carbs.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hi 83GS850L.

Welcome to the forum.

No pictures? It didn't happen.
            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

I posted in your tread about the mystery gizmo in headlight shell.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

And thanks for pics. I see that someone has modified the L out of it, by replacing the bars.

Do add you location to user profile, general location will do. .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                I see that someone has modified the L out of it, by replacing the bars.

I guess havent googled many pics of what an "L" should look like, but yeah, the bars strangely resemble the exact same curve, height, and pull back as the bars i took off my Honda CB650. what do the stockers look like?

I am not sure how much $$$ i will be putting into the bike until i decide if i keep it or not.
                But Dime City Cycles sells some nice cheap blacked out bars with a bit lower rise, that i might slap on, since i love the set i installed on my Honda.

Comment

Working...
                X