Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding diary

Do any of you keep a riding diary?

I don't know what else to call it, but every time I start the bike, I note the date and mileage. If any problems were encountered, work done, etc. I note that also.

I couldn't give you a straightforward answer to "why?" other than I've got lots of free time (I don't work), and when I'm not riding, I like to be reading or writing about it.

I'm sure 99% of folks on this type of forum keep maintenance records; what I'm talking about is a day-by-day history.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

No, but it's a good idea. Although wouldn't this be considered "evidence" in light of some of your other threads?
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I plead the fifth, your honor.

And your daughter? I swear, my hands never left my body. I mean her body. I mean, may I call my lawyer?
      Last edited by Rob S.; 09-18-2014, 05:14 AM.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I don't, interferes with my riding time.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
        X