No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

just bought a 1981 Suzuki GS 450 T, which I believe is a US model, although we did have 450s here in the UK, think they were E and ET models which I believe share most of the components .

My bike is black, in good condition, all original with alloy wheels and raised bars. It also sports 2 leather studded bags which I'm not keen on so these are being swapped for some teardrop shaped ones which I think are designed for Harleys. The bike has only done 13000 miles and I was intending to strip and paint/refurbish this Winter although I'm thinking that this might not be worthwhile as the buikes not too bad. The exhausts have been messed about with as the silencers (mufflers?) had rotted inside so I have the front pipes and cross pipes for a 450 and a set of Harley silencers, which actually don't really silence! The bike makes a very pleasant if rather loud crackle with a gentle popping on long downhills. I'm going to have to change the front pipes soon as they look fairly tired. Are the pipes used on any of the other Suzukis of this era? I've found some GS550 pipes her in the UK but no 450 ones. There are some on Ebay, in the US, but they don't look a lot better than mine.

Hopefully I'll post some pictures when I find out how!

I have not the knowledge to answer your questions.
    Welcome to the forum though!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from another T owner.

Comment

Hi,Bill
        If you peruse parts fiches, you might find something, but I think you'll end up looking for a very similar bike..80 and 81 GS450s and GSX400s
        go here to try this cross-referencing method ,but I think it only includes bikes shipped to the US ...so you can't check my opinion above..

and look for "Alternate (Free) Parts Cross-Reference Procedure"

if you really want to get heavy into it, go "up" http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ and see if you can find the whole catalogue BikeCliff has amassed 231mb download

show us a picture! oh, and I am wondering if perhaps pipes from a 250 or 300s might work...
        Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-28-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Welcome fellow T owner. Hope you are working on pix. I have a thing for T's: Model T, T Suzuki's so keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
          X