No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone.....

i have been a member for about a week and a bit, and already i have had plenty of help from fellow bike riders of which i give my many thanks to.

in short, ive been riding bikes since about 12, that is about 43 years ago and i have had in total, about 70 bikes.

i have recently about 10, of which my latest is a suzuki gs1000 st 1980 the red model.
    of the many bikes i have had, this is my very first gs1000....i have had the gsx1100 and the gs850, even a little ts100 and a gs400.
    so this gs1000 is a bike i know very little about and so i have decided to join this forum, in order to get some experience, from more
    knowledgeable riders.......
    i purchased it a couple of months ago and whilst it runs, its in a bad shape.
    someone before me has gone at it with an angle grinder and has done away with the rear foot peg assembly,
    in which im currently looking to rectify and it looks like now, i might need a new fuel tank as well, as the old one
    has pin holes coming through.
    looking at it, i will perhaps need a front fender and some headlight brackets too.
    perhaps a fairing, etc. etc. etc.

anyway, thats me in a nutshell.

im located in sydney, australia....and im always keen to hear from like minded people who may or may not have one of these....

cheers
    met
    Attached Files

Hi ya, Met.
    Lots of Aussie members on this great site.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

hi steve.....trying to find a couple who have the gs1000s.

good to be here

Comment

Beautiful bike. It screams, "1980's muscle."
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
        X