'80 gs550E with original tail rack/lady seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'80 gs550E with original tail rack/lady seat

I could try to think of logical reasons to avoid logging any major detail regarding your GS (oil change/ service reciepts/ trip history/ unusual occurence etc.. From an owners perspective, detailed history reports and cataloging of even minor events culminates in a greater appreciation of your own interaction with the machine, a greater foresight regarding future hurdles based on previous experience, and most importantly, a huge advantage in the sellers market by assuring consistent data for an ever eager GS rider just looking for that special piece. What makes it special isnt that it is neccessarily an ideal running machine. Special is when what you offer or have meets the needs of your recources/desires, and accruing a detailed history in your own special gs folder may be the smartest long term commitment towards overall ownership of cool machines, because they are more prone to age than us, even iron clad in armor and laiden with protective poisons.
    I say this because I'm new to thos communnity, in fact, if circumstance had not lead me here id likely be off on some cb500x or 650 adventure bike forum charting and sharing the plot for an envy inspiring jaunt through Canadas fall mountains. But here I am, in the realm of classic bike owners. Surrounded by Nostalgic men with an appetite for myth and anecdotal evidence that satisfies even their own sure footed emotional missteps in logic . Dont feed the beast premium, but drown her in modern diesel oil, she'll dance for ya! Watch out for newby mistakes, and be sure to check the cam chain tensioner! Its new and old and simultaineously exciting.
    What we all share is an interest in a certain breed of classic era machines, whose throaty growls, jaunty powerbands, and nostalgic cool bring us together in awe of what a commitment our emotions offer to classic motorcycling.
    Some of us had one when they first came out, some of us, like me, own one because of admiration for pristine history documentation after a CL add and a disconnection of the PO's trickle charger (damn suzuki three stage) for that first whip down the road, inspired by something old.

My bikes name is Dutchess. She has 5, 000 on the clock, and she seems ready for new adventures.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by WatchfulFox View Post
    Surrounded by Nostalgic men with an appetite for myth and anecdotal evidence that satisfies even their own sure footed emotional missteps in logic .
    Ahhhhh....sure. Thats one way to describe us. Most would say their just part of the circus. Welcome to it !
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If she's as nice overall as she is in that glory shot, you've picked up a nice machine.

Have fun with it. I'm looking forward to more details and photos of your bike.

Welcome to the forum.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
      X