Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 suzuki gs750e on headstock but has step seat & gs750l sideplate?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 suzuki gs750e on headstock but has step seat & gs750l sideplate?????

Hi

on the headstock of my motorcycle it reads suzuki gs750e-707023 with a mfg date of 4/79. I am scratching my head a little bit because my motorcycle has a step seat and also a suzuki gs750l sideplate. How can this be?? Just trying to get a better picture of what i have for a motorcycle.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

bigcheese

I'm not sure why but they came like that, the frame says E but it's an L bike. You have an L............sorry
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Just answered this in your other topic:

The 2nd "7" in the VIN (first digit in 707023) identifies the bike as an L model.

Suzuki varied in what they did with the letter after the model number (the "E" in your case).

I'm mostly a Suzuki two stroke person.
      If you post a pic of your bike, then the experts likely can say more.

Comment

The VIN can be useful in figuring out what model you have if you know where to look, but more often than not it's simply easier to post a few pictures here and have other members tell you what it is.

From your description... If your engine has round cam caps, you have a 1979 GS750L. If it has rectangular cam caps, you have a 1980 GS750L.

Since it was manufactured in April, my money is on the 1979 model.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X