My new GS850 tattoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new GS850 tattoo!

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly a new member but I left my old account untouched for too long and it got deleted. I'm happy to be back. I've owned 5 GS850's and currently have a GS1000 that's actually just under 1300cc's. It was a drag bike build but I'm putting it back to road use. I love GS's and just got my first bike tattoo'd on my back. A drunk driver took the bike away from me and also took my knee and elbow with him but I'm all put back together now and started my own motorcycle shop. I won't advertise here, just wanted to say 'hello' and thank you for having me back!
    Attached Files

Well now, that's some tribute!

There's a GS Parts and Services forum somewhere on here, be sure to add the details of your business. Not too many shops left that specialize in these old beasts.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post

There's a GS Parts and Services forum somewhere on here, be sure to add the details of your business. Not too many shops left that specialize in these old beasts.
      Please do!

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Nicely-done art work, but I am one that just doesn't understand why you would spend the money to put something like that where you can't see it.

We have a few shop owners here, so don't feel bad about making your presence known. There is no general advertising, more of a "yeah, I can do that for you" attitude. I have even seen one shop owner give advice on a competitor's product, even though he had the same item to offer.

Let us know what you have to offer, keep it low-key, I don't think anybody would mind.

"Low-key" could include a link to your website in your signature.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow now that dedication! Nice looking. Welcome back!

Comment

Now that is a first. Good luck with your new business venture
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Don't worry Steve, I'll maximize exposure by walking around shirtless.
              I'll go put a heads-up in the Parts and Service area.
              We're at lowsidegarage.com
              Most these guys like the Harley stuff so they're extremely happy to have a Japanese-bike mechanic
              on hand, especially when electricity is the culprit. I bash on their bikes lovingly at work all day
              long so I won't do it here.
              Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Well, you could upgrade to a 1000G, and you could drop a 1100G motor into that. Pretty much need a tat change if you go too far beyond that. Its cool though. One can easily tell what it is...I think I've had less money in good running 850Gs.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                X