Remove Off Topic from New Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Off Topic from New Posts?

Is there a way with the new forum software to get Off Topic out of the New Posts list? Or do I still have to ask to have Off Topic removed all together?

If the latter is the only way then I'll get Off Topic removed from my profile... I don't get on here as often as I used to so the off topic posts appearing with the rest are consuming too much of my limited brain bandwidth
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

GTFU
    live with the inundation and be a Man in the basic sense.

Comment

No likey, no clicky....simple.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        Is there a way with the new forum software to get Off Topic out of the New Posts list? Or do I still have to ask to have Off Topic removed all together?

If the latter is the only way then I'll get Off Topic removed from my profile... I don't get on here as often as I used to so the off topic posts appearing with the rest are consuming too much of my limited brain bandwidth
        But Pete, there is so much intelligent and unbiased dialogue there?

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
          It must be WELL-hidden.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
            Originally posted by Steve View Post
            It must be WELL-hidden.

Said dialogue must be written in an unbreakable code that I don't have the key for. Somebody call the CIA, they may want to hire those guys.

Or, we could rename the Open forum to the Grumpy/Bitter/Old White Guy forum, that would be a lot more accurate.

Seriously, it would be nice if all that P/R stuff had it's own forum, so you wouldn't have to wade through the dreck to ask/answer regular non-bike questions
            Last edited by RichDesmond; 10-08-2014, 08:08 AM.
            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              GTFU
              live with the inundation and be a Man in the basic sense.
              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Smug little judgments that are irrelevant.

Pete I don't have the definitive answer but I strongly suspect that if you really want to have only technical posts show up in the feed then having OT removed is the only way. For some of us that would be like having our heart removed, but if you're not interested in OT then it will be less painful than having your appendix out.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Originally posted by Allie View Post
                Smug little judgments that are irrelevant.
                Maybe smug, maybe little, but certainly not judgmental.

Comment

Dumping off topic was the best thing I ever did on this forum
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I for one like the off topic forum,Had many a question answered there.I just avoid the P and R topics generally and even the few I do click rarely get more than a page read.Would not be as good a site without it in my books.

Comment

Guys, I think he's just asking if there's a way to filter it out of his own ​feed.
                      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Filtering OT out of the "New Posts" feed would require programming on the admin side I suspect. Someone more knowledgeable with vBulletin might know the specifics. At any rate, it's unlikely to happen around here.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yup Allie, just want it out of my sight really

Thanks guys... guess I'll just have the access removed.

The biggest issue for me these days is time... I get about 30 minutes in the morning to spread between the GSR and Katana Australia forums so clicking New Posts and having 4+ pages to scroll through to look for technical stuff takes time... and these days it's getting towards half/half technical and off topic...

As for no likey no clickey, always do that anyway...
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Some of the off topic pollution tends to point out just how deprived some of those posters are. Just look at all of the sick/twisted topics that far too many of them enjoy:
                            Pedophiles, LBGTS,underage sex, etc. There MUST be some pretty sick persons on that realm of the forum. Aren't there plenty of Gay, Lesbian, Pedophile sites for those people????
                            Just how many of them SHOULD BE on some kind of watch list or should be reporting to the authorities on a regular basis?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                              Some of the off topic pollution tends to point out just how deprived some of those posters are. Just look at all of the sick/twisted topics that far too many of them enjoy:
                              Pedophiles, LBGTS,underage sex, etc. There MUST be some pretty sick persons on that realm of the forum. Aren't there plenty of Gay, Lesbian, Pedophile sites for those people????
                              Just how many of them SHOULD BE on some kind of watch list or should be reporting to the authorities on a regular basis?
                              Oh boy...

...sick/twisted = LBGTS??

Gay, Lesbian and Pedophiles are all in the same subset of "those people?"

Comment

Working...
                              X