CB 650 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB 650 project

New project dropped off last night. Its getting the full suspension,wheel,and brake upgrade all Gsxr stuff. Also has a fairing,rearsets and seat/tail to install. Biggest project I've taken on for pay,really gotta get this done right. I'm confident it will be great. This is for the same guy I did the seat on the kz.
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

That looks like fun. Not the Honda I would have started with but it ain't mine and I am sure it will be cool as he'll when done. Now get to it times running

Comment

I really like those old hondamatic rims, I had. A set to go on a cb750 cafe I was going to build. They put em on old gold wings as well. Much better than those crappy comstar rims. Should look mean with the Suzi rims and new front end
      Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

With your obvious skills, this could be one sweet ride.

Comment

I got the front hung on for the first time today. It fits well,doesn't look much lower than before.Still have to cut old stops off and make new ones.
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

First look at fairing placement the longer I looked at it i think it might be little high. Have to take a second look tonight.
            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Any opinions or sugestions welcome.
              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Looks like you are setting yet another land speed record for a resto mod. Looks good. My only suggestion would be to snap some pictures and do some photo chopping (even just PC paint) to get a great visual on the look with colors.

Comment

Coolness........Personally, while I dig the fairing it seems a bit too big for the bike, but I understand its build for someone else.
                  Good luck. I hope it goes well and you make a buck....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

First mockup of rear swinger n wheel. Don't know if I like the attitude maybe a little more up in rear ? Opinions? It looks OK right there?
                    1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Maybe just a smig higher to account for suspension sag with the rider onboard. I think you got it nailed for the perfect altitude with a rider on. Just don't jack it way up in the back like a stinkbug.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I know you're early into this and everything is just in the mock-up stage at this point, but it looks like the fairing needs to have a couple of cut-outs around the forks to fit properly to me..w/o, it looks to tilt back too much. It would also look better, imo, to lower the seat and tail section to cover the frame ends and in turn giving it something to attach to. It should look really cool if those parts look integrated into the bike rather then just mounted where they sit.
                        Last edited by nvr2old; 11-15-2014, 01:39 PM.
                        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

The seat rails will be cut off just a little behind where the old shock mounts are so nothing will stick out there. Not sure if we can bring the fairing back any as the headlight would stick out and the sides may hit tank when turning.
                          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I got swingarm bushings from machinist today look great. Dropped off on Friday done today and for a reasonable price.
                            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

A quick look at how they look in the frame
                              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Working...
                              X