Been working on my project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been working on my project bike

Bought this from a pal of mine, been looking for something a bit diffrent for 12mths, it's stripped down a bit a the mo, sorted the the leaking fork seals (would you believe someone had put the seals in up side down ) just on with doing the shims.

I'm trying to figure out what that is (was).

I can see that it's not shaft (a good thing), but that if it's a Suzuki, it's not 16 valves.

Looking at the cam covers, it looks like an old Kaw.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It's got a nice stance............ a little bling and some paint (root beer metallic?) and you will have a fine looking bike!

Comment

Kawasaki ZR 750 zephyr engine and frame, Kawasaki ZX9R front end, I believe the rear is off a Yamaha R6, carbs are 29mm smoothbores

Comment

Llike the look of the beefy front end.
          I am guessing it would not pass a db test with that stubby muffler.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Llike the look of the beefy front end.
            I am guessing it would not pass a db test with that stubby muffler.
            Yep it's noisy all right, I'll sort something else if it is too annoying.

Comment

Working...
            X