Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings Everyone

Hello,

New to GSs (GSes? GS's? Gii?) but in no way new to motorcycling. I just traded a '91 DR250 for a '82 GS450L. It is pretty clean, mostly original, and has 6300 miles on it. I have some service history on it, with one of the previous owners being a member on here I believe. From what I can piece together my best guess to its timeline is as follows:

-Bike was bought new somewhere in Maine and ridden very little until it was stored.
    -Bike was found/purchased in 1998 by a guy in Virgina. This person began to rebuild the bike as I am seeing major repairs such as new oil pump, head gasket, multiple carb jets, new floats, etc.
    -The bike appears to have been nicely rewired at one point.
    -Bike was sold again in 2006, then again in 2013, then 2014, and now to me.
    -It has aftermarket drag bars, 2 into 1 open header, stock airbox
    -The only damage is a snapped throttle tube and a bent rear brake lever from being dropped.
    -Bike fires up immediately, requires very little choke time, and appears to not have any flat spots, even with the air filter removed, so I believe the carbs are in good shape and properly jetted.
    -My goal is to have my girlfriend learn on this and then tear it down and refinish the whole thing. I really want to build a cafe bike out of it.

Let me know what you guys think and suggestions on where to start.

Welcome. We love pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
      Welcome. We love pictures.
      Yes, I will have some uploaded tonight, at work currently.

Comment

A little late but pictures as promised:

Comment

The bike appears to be in pretty good shape. I don't know about that really low handlebar though. Have you sat on it to see if it fits you?

Comment

Standard drag bars. I wouldnt say its "comfortable" but im not building it to be comfy either.

Comment

Cheryl's Bike!

Nice bike! It needs some work but nothing major. This is Cheryl's bike and I've sat on it. Small compared to my "T" which is a 750.

Ed

Edit: So, are you a Raiders fan?
              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 10-23-2014, 08:16 PM.
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
              X