New member from Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Reno

Hi I have a number of bikes but am excited to have a 1981 GS1100e I am looking forward to reading the posts and asking some questions. Owners manual is on its way and have gone thru the bike but am going to have fun looking for carb issues as I have one. It misses in the low end and I have rebuilt the carbs but still have a dead #2. It is fun to be playing with this bike.

Welcome to the funhouse. Good luck with the cycle, and please post pictures......we love pictures.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

dead #2 as in gas fouled plug?
      if so vacuum port on fuel valve is bad and leaking fuel into #2 intake tract..
      welcome~!

Comment

Feel free to call me at 714--356-7845 if you have questions or need parts. I have, literally, TONS of 1100 & 1150 engines & parts. From stock to 1640cc parts. I hope you bought a factory SUZUKI shop manual as the Clymers & others tend to lack good pictures & correct info. The factory manuals are definitely worth the money. The carbs need to be COMPLETELY disassembled, except for the throttle blades!, & ultrasonic cleaned or dipped overnight in a carb dip cleaner. Then an oring kit from our member here, Robert Barr, & you will be able to reassemble & run good. Welcome to the big bike club! Let me know if I can help.
        Ray

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          dead #2 as in gas fouled plug?
          if so vacuum port on fuel valve is bad and leaking fuel into #2 intake tract..
          welcome~!

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

I had a very nice gs guy here in reno tell me about the fuel valve and it may be bad but he did not explain that the gas I am getting in #2 could be coming from the valve via the vacuum line. " brilliant! " I should have listened better. I thought he was implying it may be over loading the float bowl or not feeding the carbs. The carbs have been off so many times looking for bad float valves I think the screws are wore out. So you mean if the valve goes bad it can deliver raw fuel into the #2 vacuum port?

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~yes~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

problem found

Originally posted by JT Racing View Post
              Thank you for the welcome everyone.

I had a very nice gs guy here in reno tell me about the fuel valve and it may be bad but he did not explain that the gas I am getting in #2 could be coming from the valve via the vacuum line. " brilliant! " I should have listened better. I thought he was implying it may be over loading the float bowl or not feeding the carbs. The carbs have been off so many times looking for bad float valves I think the screws are wore out. So you mean if the valve goes bad it can deliver raw fuel into the #2 vacuum port?
              After putting a vacuum on the fuel petcock where it gets vacuum from the intake manifold I immediately saw gas in the tube. This is so cool thanks blowerbike!! With a new petcock and some luck the bike should run finally.20141020_190452[1].jpg

Comment

if you want for right now just cap off the nipple on the pet cock and cap off the nipple on the #2 carb or put a screw in the vacuum hose to the carb.
                then run your bike on the PRI position but always remember to turn it back to run or reserve when the engine is not running.
                fuel flows with no vacuum on PRI.

Comment

Will do and will report back.

Comment

Thanks again Blowerbike! Took the bike for a ride and it is a new machine Plugging the vacuum line at both ends and running on prime will do until my new petcock arrives. Life is goooood.

Comment

good deal.
                      glad i could be of assistance.

Comment

Working...
                      X