New member, 0ld GS owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, 0ld GS owner!

Howdy folks! New to this forum, but will have lots of questions later. Just picked up a 78 1000E that I will be restoring. Used to race one back in 82, so I am familiar with the breed. Also have a 85 7/11 GSXR that I will be playing with this winter!

IMG_4585_zps0e2995c8.jpg

IMG_4586_zpsd93289a4.jpgand..

Comment

IMG_4587_zps12971f54.jpgwith only... paid 500 bucks,,,new chain and sprockets, new tires,,and braided brake lines.

Comment

There are a couple old drag racers on this site. Possible you could know them.
        Are you from the east/west coast or the Midwest? Mind if I ask your age bracket?

Glad I'm one of the first to say, "Hi" !
        Welcome aboard, hold on to your hat. It can be a wild ride with a LOT of good folks.

Comment

They like to see pictures here. (hint)

Comment

Show the pictures..show the pictures.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonemaster View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]36873[/ATTACH]
              Do I smell something?

A Skunk without a tank and side covers...is still a Skunk.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

He means: "Is there more to the bike?"
                If not you will probably find everything you need here, including all the help you could ever hope for.
                Lotsa bright Zuke guys are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                  There are a couple old drag racers on this site. Possible you could know them.
                  Are you from the east/west coast or the Midwest? Mind if I ask your age bracket?

Glad I'm one of the first to say, "Hi" !
                  Welcome aboard, hold on to your hat. It can be a wild ride with a LOT of good folks.

I'm 60. Didn't do any drag racing, was a roadracer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    Do I smell something?

Tank and side covers are out getting painted,,,dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Do I smell something?

Originally posted by Tonemaster View Post
                      Tank and side covers are out getting painted,,,dick.
                      Comms breakdown.
                      "Skunk" is the tank paint stripe.
                      I'm not sure what Rob's middle name is.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Welcome! Sweet deal on the bike. I don't know if Rob S likes to be called Dick, but he is from NY.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yes, communications are sometimes misunderstood.

My friend Jimmy Mc Govern (RIP) was a roadracer. He raced Ducatis, a 900 Desmo.
                          He took 2nd place at the first "Battle of the Twins" in Daytona. I believe it was 1980.
                          I trailered his bike from Chicago, and brought my 1980 Suzuki down to FL also,
                          Those were the days.
                          ps. Rob is ok... I didn't know about the skunk stripe either! I just turned 64 and did some dragracing in the late 70's / early 80's, mostly in the midwest.

Comment

Welcome to the funhouse! Good luck with the cycle. Is that the 7/11 in the background of your profile pic? Id love to see a picture of that along with the GS. And if the GSXR is an 85 can I assume you're not in the US?
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Welcome to the funhouse! Good luck with the cycle. Is that the 7/11 in the background of your profile pic? Id love to see a picture of that along with the GS. And if the GSXR is an 85 can I assume you're not in the US?
                              Canadian here, your observant. Sorry about the dick comment,,didn't know what a skunk was. Yes, and \I am painting it like stock, so if anyone can give me a paint code, I'd be much obliged! I will get some better pics up of both scooters today.

T.

Comment

Working...
                              X