No announcement yet.

I donated $$$ to the forum, when do I receive my "site supporter" designation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I donated $$$ to the forum, when do I receive my "site supporter" designation

Like the title states, I donated to the forum and was wondering when the "site supporter" designation will be added to my username...

This forum has helped me immensely with the restoration of my 1978 GS1000E - I am proud to support it and want to encourage other members to do the same.

Thanks!
    Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
    René Descartes

It depends on how busy Frank is,The last time I donated was just after he got married and wasn't around a lot.It took quite a while to loose the past site supporter then.He doesn't have a GS anymore but keep the place going anyway so cut him some slack,it will happen.

Comment

Just curious - thanks!
      René Descartes

Comment

Originally posted by philosopheriam View Post
        I donated to the forum and was wondering when the "site supporter" designation will be added to my username...

This forum has helped me immensely ...
        Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
        The last time I donated was just after he got married and wasn't around a lot. It took quite a while to loose the past site supporter then.
        I, too, am thankful for what the site has done, and also encourage others to support it. However, I try to keep things on the humble side and donate anonymously, which does not put the "Site Supporter" tag up there. Another reason I do it that way is to prevent SVSooke's problem, with it changing to "Past Site Supporter".

I don't know where the threshold is, but there is also a category for "Super Site Supporter". I had to smirk one time when I saw one members profile show "Past Super Site Supporter". Sorry, but I don't want that level of recognition or shame.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yikes, i am guilty as charged as a "Past Site Supporter", in fact i had never noticed it until Steve pointed it out now.
          Gotta take care of that.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I, too, am thankful for what the site has done, and also encourage others to support it. However, I try to keep things on the humble side and donate anonymously, which does not put the "Site Supporter" tag up there. Another reason I do it that way is to prevent SVSooke's problem, with it changing to "Past Site Supporter".
            I must respectfully disagree - IMHO, the "site supporter" encourages others to think about the site as any other resource they might use - the site doesn't run itself and the hosting/maintenance isn't paid for with ham sandwiches and good intentions. Why not give a little for all you get

Also, if I see that I am a "past site supporter," perhaps it is a gentle reminder that I should once again give a little back to the site that I deem so valuable!

This is my first time donating - I plan on donating again next year!
            René Descartes

Comment

Originally posted by philosopheriam View Post
              Why not give a little for all you get
              I think you missed my point. I did not say that I didn't give. On the contrary, I am probably well into the "Super" Site Supporter category, I just prefer to remain anonymous and not brag about it. (so much for that idea now )

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I think you missed my point. I did not say that I didn't give. On the contrary, I am probably well into the "Super" Site Supporter category, I just prefer to remain anonymous and not brag about it. (so much for that idea now )

I should have been more specific - I think its GOOD to advertise that you're a supporter and I encourage it!
                René Descartes

Comment

LOL I don't think it's bragging. I'm mean it only takes a $ 35 donation to be a supersite supporter. And like it's been said it encourages people to donate and is a gentle reminder when I should be doing it again. I think Steve, you are reading too much into it. I say do whatever it takes to get people to donate. I would hate to see it become mandatory. Bragging....now that's funny!😀
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Yikes, i am guilty as charged as a "Past Site Supporter", in fact i had never noticed it until Steve pointed it out now.
                    Gotta take care of that.
                    Same way I noticed and realized it was time to open the old wallet again..... { though it wasn't Steve } Just a friendly reminder in my opinion......
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Kick in an extra six bucks and you get nachos. Pretty tasty, too.
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Good point Robert..............would you like fries with that?

I'm due again this year.
                        The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                        GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                        GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                        GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                        http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                          Kick in an extra six bucks and you get nachos. Pretty tasty, too.
                          $6 for nachos... NO DEAL!
                          René Descartes

Comment

(Not) to toot my own horn, I asked Frank via E-mail about the different levels of support/acknowledgment. His reply:

Rob, there is only the $15 and $25 levels. I didn't want to make things overly complicated with this.

Frank

Has Frank changed things, or is he forgetting things?

There are supporters, "super" supporters, "superstars", "Bard Award" winners, etc.

Does anyone know the complete low down on all the support/acknowledgement levels?

Yes, I know that the Bible says that double anonymous giving (donor doesn't where it's going, receiver doesn't know who it came from) is the highest level of giving, but I'm losing my religion.
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 10-31-2014, 10:52 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              There are supporters, "super" supporters, "superstars", "Bard Award" winners, etc.

Does anyone know the complete low down on all the support/acknowledgement levels?
                              The 'supporter' and 'super supporter' show that you have contributed financially to the site.

The Bard Award is the name for the "Member of the Year" award. It has been named that in honor of one of the co-founders of the site, who died a few years ago.

"Superstar" status is something that was foisted on a few of us a few years ago, mostly without our knowledge or consent.
                              I have asked several times to have it removed from my account, obviously unsuccessfully.

"Junior Member" is for those with a post count of 25 or less, I think.

"Member" is for those with a post count of 26 to 100.

"Senior Member" is for those with a post count of over 100.

sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                              X