Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Just popped in to say hello after finally joining the forum. Not new to bikes or GS ownership, but hadn't got round to signing up here before.

Anyway, I currently have a pair of GSX1100 ET/EX. One stripped and awaiting a rebuild, the other on the road but currently sitting in the unit due to lack of time. Still, Spring's not far off

DSC_0186 (800x518).jpg

Hello imago, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome! Very nice looking bike.

Comment

Sweet! Love the gold accents and, of course, the larger tank that everyone but us got.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
          ... and, of course, the larger tank that everyone but us got.
          Saw mention of a larger tank on another thread recently. How much larger is it?

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Saw mention of a larger tank on another thread recently. How much larger is it?.
            The UK 'humped' tank is 24 litres and the slimmer version is 19 litres I think. It's more about the look of the bike IMHO, the more bulky tank suits the look of the ET/EX with it's clumpy clocks and square headlight. The slimmer more streamlined tank doesn't look as 'right' somehow.

Comment

That is a fine looking machine. Did you sculpt the seat yourself?
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                That is a fine looking machine. Did you sculpt the seat yourself?
                Thanks. No, it's too low for me I have a Giuliari seat for it but it's not as clean as that one. Ideally I'd like an original seat in decent condition, but that'll take a while to track down and I haven't the time/patience for constant eBay searching at the moment.

Comment

6.3 gallons would be nice!
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

hi imago,welcome to the forum.i do love back motorcycles and yours is a beauty!quite afew of us brits on here now.

Comment

hi imago,welcome to the forum.i do love black motorcycles and yours is a beauty!quite afew of us brits on here now.

Comment

nice bike very jealous i like the looks of the e style
                        just a bit of interesting info and specs for the gsx 1100 and gsx 750
                        Probably the biggest Suzuki motorcycle fan site of the world. Thousands of pages with technical information, pictures, magazine adverts and brochure scans of most Suzuki bikes ever sold in different parts of the world. Thousands of bike pictures and stories posted by the readers.

west midlands uk

Comment

Gorgeous looking bike. I don't know if Pitreplica has the original seat cover for that one but you might want to try them.

Comment

Hi imago.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice bike. The tank looks enormous from here.

Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

These pics show the difference in the tanks quite well. It's not really a practicality thing for me, I just think the larger tank looks better given the chunky/blocky lines of the bike.

DSC_0246 (800x450).jpg
                              Smaller tank looks well with the lower headlight position.

Comment

Working...
                              X