Gee frank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee frank

I have been with this website for longer than I can remember. I'm 73 years old now and don't pop in often but this is the second time I had to re register-- I don't have any more email addresses. I realize that you have to clean house from time to time; but isn't there some way you can give a permanent membership to old faded out bikers???

SCOTTY
    Dom Scotto

Just sign in once every 179 days or less and its a slam dunk...LOL 180 and its see ya later.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Hi Dom Scotty.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey, Dom Scotty, I just had something of an opposite experience to what you just had.

I went to sign up on another forum, and tried to use this same "Redman" user name.
        But it said that name was already used. (And, no, it would not have been me.)
        So I had to think of some other name.
        After I got authorized/approved (took a couple days), I was able to post and use other features, so I did a member search, and found that Redman.
        Is Someone that signed up on a certain date in 2002, and no posts, nothing in user profile, and last activity was one day after that date in 2002.
        ... and they are still registered ... and taking up that user name.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Given some people only work on their bike once a year, it would make more sense to have old accounts purged after 12 or 15 months.

Comment

Speaking of old Coots; who else is still about?

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by slowpokescotty View Post
              I have been with this website for longer than I can remember. I'm 73 years old now and don't pop in often but this is the second time I had to re register-- I don't have any more email addresses. I realize that you have to clean house from time to time; but isn't there some way you can give a permanent membership to old faded out bikers???

SCOTTY
              Dom Scotto
              Tut tut tut, you're just a 'junior member' now so I get to be the boss of you and there's no way around it. Here, have a home made cranberry muffin.

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Dink !

Peppermint Patty is back as Grandma Patty.

dpep still around.

Are others I can mention, but not sure who you and Scotty would know.

>> Later Note:
                Correction: Gramma Peppermint.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...s-a-Good-Ride-!
                Last edited by Redman; 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I ride on the way-back machine...

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Dink !

Peppermint Patty is back as Grandma Patty.

dpep still around.

Are others I can mention, but not sure who you and Scotty would know.

>> Later Note:
                    Correction: Gramma Peppermint.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...s-a-Good-Ride-!

I might fit into that category....

Dom and Dink: it really is good to see you both posting again.

GSR has undergone some significant changes through the years. There are still good people, and some very good people, but there seems to be a higher ratio of rather bitter ones, as well, and the latter have tended to spoil the atmosphere through use of a great many posts, that are largely aimed at harassing others.

Back to the positive.

I (and doubtless others, too) miss you both.

Best wishes to you for a Merry Christmas!

And please pass that along to Rocky and Jean.

EDIT

The lady in my avatar says she wishes the same for anyone that I like.
                    Last edited by argonsagas; 12-18-2014, 10:11 PM.
                    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Welcome back guys!
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Scotty and Dink!

It's like the "Ghosts of Christmas Past" have come back to haunt us!

Hope you're both doing fine!
                        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Having seen evidence of Scotty and Dink I am waiting to see if the dark Waters will open, and Simon will emerge into the light.

I always liked the wit in the exchanges you had with him.
                          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

After the 1st it should be more like the old GSR. I was one of those who thought OT really didn't have a place here. Admittedly after 9-11 I became a bad apple for a few years. Now I mostly sit back and read threads out of a morbid sense of curiousity.

Comment

Welcome back, Scotty ! Missed your straight to the point wisdom. The place has certainly changed, again. GREAT to have you back.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X