1981 GS400L new owner says Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS400L new owner says Hello!

Hello guys, I just picked up a 1981 GS400L with around 30,000km on it. Not running at the moment. According to the previous owner, the problem seems electrical.

My plan is to make some sort of a scrambler/flat tracker with it.

I have zero mechanical skills so it will be a challenge, but with elbow grease and faith (and a few $$), I hope to make something nice out of it.
    I will probably ask millions of questions very soon...

Will try to post a picture later.

Cheers!

Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2014, 10:04 AM.

hey, got the same bike as you, I tried PMing you a few days back, add me on facebook and I should be able to help you out with some of the electrical as I have my harness all apart to clean the connections. -chris ouellet

Comment

Welcome to the site, Gregou.
      Good luck on your resto.
      I know you have crazy noise/exhaust regulations in Quebec so it would be a good idea to get lots of info on that subject.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks Chris, I'm not a big Facebook user but I will try to get in touch with you soon. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Thank you Steve. Actually the new noise/exhaust regulation sets the limit at 100db if I'm not mistaking… which is not too bad I think. But you're right, open pipes are prohibited, and a couple of towns even banned motorcycles in some neighbourhoods...
          Since I also like to ride off-road (with my good ol' Suzuki DR350), I regret we cannot plate real off-road bikes anymore. So we're stuck with street legal dual sport bikes that don't really do to well in harsh condition. At least not as good as a real off-road bike. (Except the pricy KTMs that I can't afford).
          Thanks for the welcome. Will try to keep in touch with my GS400 project on the site. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X